CSIData - Futures

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
elindydotcom

CSIData - Futures

Postby elindydotcom » 18 Oct 2013

Hi:

When connecting to CSIdata for Futures, it looks like MC has it's own rules for the continuous contracts (eg: @BAC, @ES). The problem is that I have no idea what those rules are - for many roots, there are GAPS on the "@" symbols. Can you please let me know what the rules are and if possible, how to change those rules?

Thanks.

TJ

Re: CSIData - Futures

Postby TJ » 18 Oct 2013

Hi:
When connecting to CSIdata for Futures, it looks like MC has it's own rules for the continuous contracts (eg: @BAC, @ES). The problem is that I have no idea what those rules are - for many roots, there are GAPS on the "@" symbols. Can you please let me know what the rules are and if possible, how to change those rules?
Thanks.
You should add the symbols through QuoteManager.
Instrument > Add Symbol > From Data Source

If your dataprovider has continuous symbols, the rollover rules are done at the provider's side.

If you want to create your own continuous symbol, please follow the instruction in Wiki.

elindydotcom

Postby elindydotcom » 18 Oct 2013

Hi TJ et-al:

I did add the symbol through there. But the continuous symbols such as "@BAC" aren't part of CSIData's repository - they are part of the Multicharts' built-in symbol for the provider it seems. In fact, CSI has it's own symbology for building the continuous symbols for MC doesn't recognize those symbols. So, the question remains - what are MC's rules for those "@" symbols when using CSIData as the provider?

Thanks.

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 Oct 2013

You can go to QuoteManager

Tools > Symbol Dictionary > Add

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 21 Oct 2013

TJ is right, but you should use the "Default" symbol dictionary to add roots.

Return to “MultiCharts”