Max number of open workspaces?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
STAR_Trader

Max number of open workspaces?

Postby STAR_Trader » 22 Oct 2013

Hi,

Is there any limit to the number of open workspaces that can be run at the same time?

Ideally, I want to have 65 workspaces open. Each one with a single instrument/chart and a few signals/indicators.

Before I go ahead and set this up, are there any limits I should be aware of?

A scanner window that allows you to add signals would have been ideal, but if I understand correctly, this is not available?

With thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Max number of open workspaces?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Oct 2013

Hello STAR_Trader,

There is no limit to the number of open workspaces you can have open at the same time.
If you are running 64 bit version of MultiCharts .Net then the only limit is the amount of RAM you have on your PC.
If you are running 32 bit version of MultiCharts .Net then each process can utilize only up to 2 gb of RAM. This is a Windows limitation.

There is also a GDI objects Windows limtiation. GDI objects are all objects that form the MultiCharts window and charts in it (all toolbars, menus, buttons, bars, drawings, etc). The Windows system limitation per one process is 10,000 objects. In order to avoid hitting this limit please run multiple instances of MultiCharts applications. To do that-double click on MultiCharts icon on your desktop or in the start menu. Each instance will be able to handle up to 10,000 objects. You can utilize the new Desktops functionality to setup each instance the way you need it.

Portfolio trading functionality is coming in MultiCharts 9.0

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”