8.7.7634 chart displaying incorrectly (correctly now)  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
t-rader

8.7.7634 chart displaying incorrectly (correctly now)

Postby t-rader » 29 Oct 2013

Hi,

I'm running 2 version of MC. Versions 8.5 build 6851 and version 8.7 build 7634 but the chart looks totally different on version 8.7.

If you look at the attached picture MC 8.7 is missing data and with 'Show Session Breaks' enabled shows a 2 session break lines one after another. This happens every week.

This is using LMAX as the data source. I've compared the 2 servers and MC is setup identically.

I've tried disconnecting the symbol > delete data > delete cache > reload chart and still the same thing.
Attachments
MC85-Vs-MC87-Error.jpg
(197.92 KiB) Downloaded 439 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: 8.7.7634 chart displaying incorrectly

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 29 Oct 2013

Hello T-Rader,

Looks ok on my end:

Please read this instruction attentively and follow each required step as it covers most problematic cases with receiving data in MultiCharts.

One more thing: please go to QuoteManager -> Tools -> Data Sources -> LMAX -> Settings -< make the screenshot of this and upload it.

t-rader

Re: 8.7.7634 chart displaying incorrectly  [SOLVED]

Postby t-rader » 30 Oct 2013

One more thing: please go to QuoteManager -> Tools -> Data Sources -> LMAX -> Settings -< make the screenshot of this and upload it.
As you suggested checking Data Sources, I fixed the issue by deleting my symbols, going into Data Sources for LMAX and unticking 'Cache downloaded quote files'. I then restarted MC and recreated my symbols.

Bit weird that right clicking the symbol and selecting 'clear cache' and 'delete data' didn't do the same. Oh well its fixed now. Thanks Andrew.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: 8.7.7634 chart displaying incorrectly

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 30 Oct 2013

Bit weird that right clicking the symbol and selecting 'clear cache' and 'delete data' didn't do the same. Oh well its fixed now. Thanks Andrew.
This is exactly why i asked for the screenshot of the LMAX settings. That box allows MC to store the historical data files received from LMAX and such things as "clear cache"/"delete all data"/"reloading" of charts will not help in this case. If the files received from LMAX have gaps and the box is checked, the only correct way to fix it is to get rid of the files themselves from your PC (they should be stored in "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\testapi.lmaxtrader.com") and then clear cache/delete all data/reload the charts.

Return to “MultiCharts”