Questions about the BarsOfData and data input

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ac_lckac

Questions about the BarsOfData and data input

Postby ac_lckac » 04 Nov 2013

Hi all,

I am new to this software and I got troubles involving the barsofdata parameters(or perhaps in other sections as well).

The story is that, as my data subscription regarding the market provides only the date, time, dayhigh, daylow, dayclose and total volume traded in txt form, so at the time when I was choosing the ASCII import in Quotemanager , I choose the options respectively (date, time, dayhigh, daylow, dayclose and total volume) and it just works fine and the graphs show correctly. However, when I was trying to write a program in powerlangauge which I attempted to extract the volume information from the function BarsOfData(1).Volume[0], the result returned is '0' for each of the bars. I do not care whether they are up ticks or down ticks, but I just want to get the total number of volumes traded within that bar.

Can anyone help regarding this ?

Thanks very much!

K

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Questions about the BarsOfData and data input

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Nov 2013

Hello ac_lckac,

If you have imported the Volume data into Total Volume column and you are using the daily chart resolution then in MultiCharts->Format->Instrument->Settings tab->Build Volume On should be set to Trade volume.

Next time please post your .Net questions in the respective .Net forum:
MultiCharts .NET

Return to “MultiCharts”