changing the real time chart symbol via command line script

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rtrader

changing the real time chart symbol via command line script

Postby rtrader » 07 Nov 2013

Hi,
Let's say we have multiple charts all with merged data feeds, one for history (say ascii) and one for real time (esignal). Currently it is not possible to be able to change the esignal real time symbol using the command line script to specify this. This is very useful when we have lots of charts to change the symbols around rollover.
One can create a function that returns true/false and activate this at roll over. The signal would contain this function. The function would be set to true at rollover and the command line script would be like thus:
if getsymbol ="6A" then begin //the getsymbol returns the ascii chart symbol name
CommandLine ("csy dnum=1, name 6AH4, df= esignal") //we want to change the real time symbol from 6AZ3 to 6AH4 but of course as it is now, it changes the ascii map 6A and not just the current real time symbol 6AZ3.
It would be very useful to have the commald line for changing symbol on a chart be able to specify that it refers to real time data feed. Does this feature exist currently in MC easylanguage version, or does any one know how to achieve changing the realtime symbol on a merged history/real time chart, where the history symbol is unchanged and only the real time is changed?
thanks.

TJ

Re: changing the real time chart symbol via command line scr

Postby TJ » 07 Nov 2013

just curious, why do you need to use ascii merge on 6A? Can't you just get the data straight from eSignal?

rtrader

Postby rtrader » 07 Nov 2013

Hi TJ,
it's for broker feeds where there is no historical refill. i just used esignal as an example here.
any ideas how to change the real time symbol alone with command line script when dealing with an merged chart?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Nov 2013

Currently it is not possible to be able to change the esignal real time symbol using the command line script to specify this.
That is correct. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.

rtrader

Postby rtrader » 10 Nov 2013

Hi Henry,
I've submitted a feature request here:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1514
Can you guys review and let me know if this is something that would be targeted in next beta?
Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Nov 2013

Hi Henry,
I've submitted a feature request here:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1514
Can you guys review and let me know if this is something that would be targeted in next beta?
Thanks.
Hello rtrader,

This functionality has not been added to our to-do list yet.
Please contact us directly if you are interested in creating this functionality as a custom project.

Return to “MultiCharts”