Is this possible? Scan/Monitor 500 Symbols

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
mgbloomfield

Is this possible? Scan/Monitor 500 Symbols

Postby mgbloomfield » 07 Nov 2013

With MC.NET, I'm wondering if the following is possible:

1) Scan/Monitor 500 symbols (S&P 500).
2) Each minute, update the VWAP on each symbol.
3) Take action (e.g. buy, sell, hold) based on the VWAP indicators.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Is this possible? Scan/Monitor 500 Symbols

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Nov 2013

Hello mgbloomfield,

That is possible to scan/monitor 500 symbols and each minute update the VWAP on each symbol with the help of the Real-Time Market Scanner.

At the moment in MultiCharts you can trade one symbol per chart only. If you want to link multiple charts to share information between them – you need to use Global Variables or Native C# Solution for Global Storage.

If you want to trade a certain number of instruments-you need to have a chart open for each symbol.

With MultiCharts .Net that is possible to send unmanaged orders-for example from one chart you can trade multiple instruments at the same time, but each symbol should be hardcoded. You can find a code example of such signals at the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10730

We are going to implement Portfolio trading with money management rules and basket trading in MultiCharts 9.0. If you want to participate in beta testing of this functionality - please send an email to support@multicharts.com

mgbloomfield

Postby mgbloomfield » 08 Nov 2013

I only need to trade one symbol based on the VWAP values of 500 symbols. So, I only need one chart to trade one symbol.

When the VWAP is calculated in the real-time market scanner, how do I access the VWAP values using C# when using my custom indicator?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Nov 2013

If you want to share the information between multiple charts or scanner window – you need to use Global Variables or Native C# Solution for Global Storage.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”