Input Arguments

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
tradetree

Input Arguments

Postby tradetree » 16 Nov 2013

I am an experienced programmer, but I can't figure out what is going on with the default input arguments to my Signal:

Code: Select all

public class TChannel : SignalObject
{
public TChannel(object _ctx) :
base(_ctx)
{
min_width = 40; // Default setting for Max_width
max_width = 80; // Default setting for Max_width
max_range = 25; // Default setting for Max_range
min_angle = 1; // Default min angle (90 = ATR * 10)
max_bars = 40; // Default setting for max_bars
atr_bars = 20; // Default atr bars
stop_loss = 6; // Default setting for Stop_loss
stop_loss_max = 25; // Default setting for Stop_loss_max
license_key = "08fd7ab3b4"; // Default license key #threefold
dir_entry = 1; // Default dir (long=1, short=0, both=2
}

// ******** Inputs ********
//
#region Properties
// [Description("Min channel width")]
[Input]
public int min_width{ get; set; }

// [Description("Max channel width")]
[Input]
public int max_width{ get; set; }

// [Description("Max opposite edge delta")]
[Input]
public int max_range{ get; set; }
According to the .NET programmers guide this is the right setup, but I only see my default values, not my values I enter in Format:Signals:Format:Inputs entries. So when I enter "max_width=160" I get "max_width=80", the default value?

JoshM

Re: Input Arguments

Postby JoshM » 17 Nov 2013

I am an experienced programmer, but I can't figure out what is going on with the default input arguments to my Signal:

(..)

(1) According to the .NET programmers guide this is the right setup, but I only see my default values, not my values I enter in Format:Signals:Format:Inputs entries.

(2) So when I enter "max_width=160" I get "max_width=80", the default value?
(1) If the values you enter in the Format -> Input window are different from the default values, where do you see those default values?

(The only place where you can see values after compiling is in the Format -> Input window screen, but by the way you describe it you have two places for that)

(2) Where do you enter "max_width=160"? You describe it as you were programming (i.e. assigning a value to a variable), but in the Format -> Input window you only need to input the value ( 160 in this case) without the name of the variable.

(A screenshot would be helpful)

tradetree

Postby tradetree » 17 Nov 2013

"(1) If the values you enter in the Format -> Input window are different from the default values, where do you see those default values?"
In the debugger, or if I Output.Writeline from the Signals code to the PLeditor output window.

"(2) Where do you enter "max_width=160"? You describe it as you were programming (i.e. assigning a value to a variable), but in the Format -> Input window you only need to input the value ( 160 in this case) without the name of the variable."

I attached a screen shot. Note that I blobbed out a section of parameters that include license keys. This is in the Signals parameter area of a chart. Is there another place to do it? Even if there was another place, it should not accept changes to parameters and then ignore them.
Attachments
Parameter_view.pdf
(372.34 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

tradetree

Postby tradetree » 18 Nov 2013

Can someone from MC respond to this open question? Input args are not working.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Nov 2013

tradetree, we were unable to replicate this behavior in our environment.

In order to study this case please send me (support@multicharts.com) the following information:
1) What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you running? (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About)
2) workspace you are using;
3) in PowerLanguage editor->File->Export->export the study you are having problem with;
4) Detailed step by step description of how to replicate this behavior or video demonstrating it.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”