To Plot your own Candle

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
eto

To Plot your own Candle

Postby eto » 16 Nov 2013

Hi all,

I use MC SE and wondering if MC.Net is able to plot my own candlestick/bar from my own specific data.

Since there is no connection between Multicharts and MT i was thinking to pull my data from MT and plot all the pulled data to Multicharts.

If this can be done i believe it is also possible can be done for jforex api for Dukascopy.

I love Multicharts but somehow there is some limitation that hinder me from using it because as forex trader i should be able to diversify my broker to manage my risk from unsafe brokers.

Thanks.

JoshM

Re: To Plot your own Candle

Postby JoshM » 17 Nov 2013

I use MC SE and wondering if MC.Net is able to plot my own candlestick/bar from my own specific data.
This is not possible, but you can add a feature request for it.
Since there is no connection between Multicharts and MT i was thinking to pull my data from MT and plot all the pulled data to Multicharts.
If this can be done i believe it is also possible can be done for jforex api for Dukascopy.
You can write the MT data to a file and let MC read it; this can be done in the QuoteManager by setting a symbol to read it's data from a file. Alternatively, you could create a DDE connection. Same goes for Dukascopy.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Nov 2013

eto

Postby eto » 19 Nov 2013

henry,

is it possible to request this feature ? if not no point i put in PM and been rejected.

Believe it is tally with MC's motto "Freedom of choice".

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Nov 2013

eto, if you want to add this functionality as a custom project - please contact us directly.
You can also submit this feature request in the Project Management section so that the other users can vote for it.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”