Global cursor behavior

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
PipAdder

Global cursor behavior

Postby PipAdder » 20 Nov 2013

Hi,

I have come across a peculiar behavior of the global cursor, which I believe to be some sort of bug.

The short of it: the horizontal (price) cursor is at a different price level in two charts, when if working properly it should be marking the exact same price in both.

The long version: I am using MC.NET64 8.7 SE. I have a dual monitor setup, and I like to open a symbol chart in one monitor and a second chart for the same symbol (which I detach from the workspace ) in the other, so that they are side by side. Thus, I am using a single instance of MC and a single workspace, with one attached and one detached chart window.

I have tested this setup for 2-3 days and it seemed to be working fine. Today I realized for the first time that the global cursor was at different price levels in both charts. I have tried exiting and reopening MC, but the behavior persists. It seems to be somewhat related to different time scales in both charts: if I close everything, open a chart and then "clone" it to create the second one the prices shown by the cursor are the same. As soon as I change the time frame of the new chart, the discrepancy between prices appears. It is not always the same "offset", btw, it seems to change as I perform operations, change time frames, etc.

I am attaching a picture of the desktop, spanning both monitors, so that you can see what I am referring to. On the right-side chart the horizontal black line of the global cursor is at 1.3527, while on the left-side one the price level is ~ 1.3543. It should be the same price on both.

Have you guys had any other reports of this behavior?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
GlobalCursor.png
(86.2 KiB) Downloaded 637 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Global cursor behavior

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Nov 2013

PipAdder,

Please right click on the price scale of the chart on the left->Do you have the check mark next to the instrument name or a study?

PipAdder

Postby PipAdder » 20 Nov 2013

Hi Henry, and thanks for looking into this.

I have the instrument (EUR/USD) selected in the Y axis of both charts, I just verified it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Nov 2013

PipAdder,

Please attach the workspace you are using so that I can have a closer look at it.

PipAdder

Postby PipAdder » 21 Nov 2013

Sure. Here it is:
Attachments
Rxxx-range-20.11.2013.wsp
(411.37 KiB) Downloaded 363 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Nov 2013

PipAdder,

We were unable to replicate this behavior on our end. Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate it remotely and we will collect all required for analysis information.

PipAdder

Postby PipAdder » 25 Nov 2013

Thanks Henry. I'll try to drop by the chat later this week.

Cheers,

- P -

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”