Disable Historical Orders | Live Trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
master.aurora

Disable Historical Orders | Live Trading

Postby master.aurora » 28 Nov 2013

Hello Support,

I would like to know whether there is any option to disable the orders that are generated on historical data when we attach a strategy on the chart for live trading?

In my case, i am trying to run a strategy with 10 days of data already loaded on the chart. Now the strategy generates some signals when it runs on those 10 days of data minus maxbarsback. Sometimes there are even open positions when the real time data starts coming through. And the strategy keeps monitoring the exits of those entries.

So i want a way to disable this so that the strategy only starts to take entries on real-time data.

Hoping to hear soon.

Regards
Umer

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Disable Historical Orders | Live Trading

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Nov 2013

Hello Umer,

You need to select Sync auto trading mode in Format->Strategy properties->Auto trading tab.

SA mode recalculates the strategy and starts trading as you are flat
If you have a position open at broker - you can tell your strategy about it with the help of assign initial market position at broker window. The strategy will continue the trading with this position.

AA mode
continues trading from your backtesting position. So at broker there can be different position. With AA your broker position and strategy position can mismatch (you can also assign the position and make your broker position match).

You can find more details in our wiki https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Execution

Return to “MultiCharts”