trendline drift

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jpartner

trendline drift

Postby jpartner » 17 Dec 2013

Sorry if its a repetitive question, but I was unable to find an answer. I have been noticing "line drift" on my charts, and wonder if there is something I am overlooking. Sometimes, if I manually draw a trendline on a chart, and change the bar spacing (usually zooming in) the line will move in relationship to the bars. Or if I clone the a line, and place them near each other on the chart, often the slope of the lines will be no longer parallel. I have tried anchoring them them to prices, sometimes this helps it seems. But sometimes there is no price to anchor to. Is there something simple I am overlooking?
Thanks!

TJ

Re: trendline drift

Postby TJ » 17 Dec 2013

Sorry if its a repetitive question, but I was unable to find an answer. I have been noticing "line drift" on my charts, and wonder if there is something I am overlooking. Sometimes, if I manually draw a trendline on a chart, and change the bar spacing (usually zooming in) the line will move in relationship to the bars. Or if I clone the a line, and place them near each other on the chart, often the slope of the lines will be no longer parallel. I have tried anchoring them them to prices, sometimes this helps it seems. But sometimes there is no price to anchor to. Is there something simple I am overlooking?
Thanks!
Which MultiCharts version you are using?

jpartner

Postby jpartner » 17 Dec 2013

Which MultiCharts version you are using?
MultiCharts64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8363)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Dec 2013

jpartner,

Is the trendline end point on the chart shift area or outside of the chart window?
If yes then please set the Chart Shift option to "Bars" in Format->Window->X-time scale.
That will resolve the issue.

If your case is different - please attach a full sized screenshot of your chart window so that we can see the exact behavior you have.

jpartner

Postby jpartner » 18 Dec 2013

jpartner,

Is the trendline end point on the chart shift area or outside of the chart window?
If yes then please set the Chart Shift option to "Bars" in Format->Window->X-time scale.
That will resolve the issue.

If your case is different - please attach a full sized screenshot of your chart window so that we can see the exact behavior you have.
Thanks Henry! It was set to "%". I will give it shot.

Return to “MultiCharts”