Free Quotes Performance report  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
tradetree

Free Quotes Performance report

Postby tradetree » 29 Dec 2013

I am using "Free Quotes" for some long term signal investigations. My signal code runs on the provided data, but I can't get any simulated trades. I know the Free Quotes data can't be used for actual trades, as that would have to come from my broker. But this is not for trading purposes, but simulation purposes. I have done this for years with another platform provider, and I get Strategy Performance Reports etc. even though it would never live trade. When I try to see the Strategy Performance Report in MC, I get 0 trades, or NA. I know I am making trades in my signal code. It is the same code that works with other instruments, among other reasons.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Free Quotes Performance report

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Dec 2013

Hello Tradetree,

Strategy Performance Report is available only when you have orders generated by your strategy.
If there are no orders generated by the strategy, then the order generation conditions are not met in your code. Please check the strategy/backtesting configuration and debug your code to check why the order generation conditions are not met.

tradetree

Re: Free Quotes Performance report  [SOLVED]

Postby tradetree » 02 Jan 2014

Hello Tradetree,

Strategy Performance Report is available only when you have orders generated by your strategy.
If there are no orders generated by the strategy, then the order generation conditions are not met in your code. Please check the strategy/backtesting configuration and debug your code to check why the order generation conditions are not met.
Yes, I had a bug and it kept the orders from going out. It was confusing because it was dependent on the bar interval, so minute bars it worked, but daily bars it did not. All fixed now.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”