Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
xiaomajia

Postby xiaomajia » 03 Jan 2014

Hello

The message always appeared from these days.

"Your PC is running out of memory
Reduce the number of bars on the charts or the number of charts and indicator."

But the memory is used only 50%.
I use win7 32
Please help me.
Could I stop the memory alert?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Message: Your PC is running out of memory  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jan 2014

Hello xiaomajia,

32 bit version of MultiCharts application and has a Windows limitation of 2 GB of virtual memory per process (like each other 32 bit application does). The warning message comes up when the use of virtual memory reaches 1.5 GB. If the process that consumes too much memory is MultiCharts.exe or MCPortfolio.exe, then you can try to use multiple instances of the program. However, if it is Tsserver.exe, there is no workaround at the moment.

Task manager does not show the virtual memory consumption properly. The easiest way to check the consumption of virtual memory is to use Process Explorer (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96653.aspx).

Here is how to enable the virtual memory usage information: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX106219

In order to utilize all of the available RAM of your PC you need to run 64 bit Windows and 64 bit version of MultiCharts.

xiaomajia

Re: Message: Your PC is running out of memory

Postby xiaomajia » 06 Jan 2014

Thank you very much,I had use the 3GB set to play game,so the windows give too much virtual memory to multicharts. That is the reason of the memory alert.
I turned off the 3GB set. It is ok.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”