Executions in Interactive Brokers not reported properly

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
jpm168

Executions in Interactive Brokers not reported properly

Postby jpm168 » 03 Jan 2014

I am using the .NET SE version with a IB paper trading account, connection is set to use native OCO group in IB. I wanted to test the OCO functionality and whether execution is handled properly in a disconnect.

I entered a sell bracket order on ES at 1830.75 with a stop at 1832.5 and target at 1829. Once the entry was executed, I shut down both MC and IB and waited to for either side of the exit to execute. After the price dropped under 1829, I reconnected IB and it shows my buy limit was executed properly at that price and the stop buy cancelled. I then reconnected MC but it did not seem to pick up the closing fill of 1829. In the positions history tab I see an entry for short @ 1830.71 (presumably the commission is taken off?) and then a flat at the same price with a time stamp of when I shut down the platform. In the orders filled tab it only shows the sell, the closing OCO orders were in the Cancelled/Rejected state. Did I do something wrong or I needed to change a setting somewhere?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Executions in Interactive Brokers not reported properly

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jan 2014

Hello jpm168,

This situation is explained in our Wiki section for Order and Position Tracker Positions History Tab:
Note:We display all updates coming to MultiCharts from your broker. Unfortunately the updates of avg entry price and current market position come asynchronously from your broker. MultiCharts doesn’t filter them, otherwise it can lose some information. Symbol Mapping can also affect number of the duplicated lines (depends on the number of lines with the same instrument in Symbol Mapping window) in Position History tab.
It means “Open P/L” and Average Price @ Strategy Positions tab shows the Open PnL and Average Price value for the symbol captured at the moment when position update has been received from the broker while your broker profile was connected.

MultiCharts can monitor the orders while it is up and running and while the broker profile is connected. Open/current positions can be found in Open positions tab, current autotrading positions can be found in Strategy positions tab.

As you have turned off the platform - the orders in MultiCharts went into Saved state. Next time you start the platform and connect the broker profile - it will receive the information for the current active orders at the broker, but it will not receive any information about the orders that were executed while the broker profile was disconnected in MuliCharts. So you need to get the order history from your broker platform or keep the broker profile connected in MultiCharts while you have active orders to get the actual order prices in OPT Orders tab.

jpm168

Postby jpm168 » 06 Jan 2014

Thanks Henry, make sense. What happen to the orders that were executed while disconnected and are therefore are in the 'saved' state? They're just treated as cancelled? I just want to confirm that the orders will not be sent again.

Also, can you confirm the current open position and open orders will be downloaded when it reconnects and hence always correctly reflect what's on the IB TWS ? Thanks again.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Jan 2014

Thanks Henry, make sense. What happen to the orders that were executed while disconnected and are therefore are in the 'saved' state? They're just treated as cancelled? I just want to confirm that the orders will not be sent again.
These orders will not be sent again. Only auto trading or the user can send the order. Nothing is done by itself.
Also, can you confirm the current open position and open orders will be downloaded when it reconnects and hence always correctly reflect what's on the IB TWS ? Thanks again.
If the connection is configured properly - the information will be received.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”