IB Auto trade multiple strategies on different symbols?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Temjin

IB Auto trade multiple strategies on different symbols?

Postby Temjin » 14 Jan 2014

Hello,

I am trying to evaluate if Multicharts is suitable for my trading needs.

Is MultiCharts capable of automating multiple separate strategies with their own respective "non-clashing" symbols on a single IB account and on the same computer?

For example, I could have up to five strategies, each trading their own single or multiple symbols, on the same TWS instance under the same account. However, no two strategies will ever trade the same symbol to avoid conflict with identifying market positions.

I simply need the five strategies to identify their own individual trades on their own symbols, and to receive the same open or closed equity information on the IB account. (for position sizing purposes)

If this is not possible, can multiple instances of MultiCharts be opened and they all trade on the same TWS instance on the same computer?

Thank you very much!

Cheers,

Temjin

Henry MultiСharts

Re: IB Auto trade multiple strategies on different symbols?  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Jan 2014

Hello Temjin,

A strategy can be trading a single instrument per chart. You can use MultiCharts for auto trading multiple different strategies for different symbols on a single IB account, from the same MultiCharts on the same computer.

Temjin

Re: IB Auto trade multiple strategies on different symbols?

Postby Temjin » 14 Jan 2014

That's great! Thanks for the response, Henry.

On another topic while we are here, on MultiCharts 8.8, is it possible to extract indicator values to a csv file for further analysis? For example, I want to be able to extract a year worth of 5 mins intraday bars of a selected symbol with corresponding calculated values from a custom made indicator.

i.e. A row of data would contain the normal bar price information (i.e. date, time, open, high, low, close, volumn) and the next few columns would contain indicator values.

I haven't download the trial yet, but would appreciate if you can let me know on this.

Thank you very much again.

Regards,

Temjin

Henry MultiСharts

Re: IB Auto trade multiple strategies on different symbols?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Jan 2014

That's great! Thanks for the response, Henry.

On another topic while we are here, on MultiCharts 8.8, is it possible to extract indicator values to a csv file for further analysis? For example, I want to be able to extract a year worth of 5 mins intraday bars of a selected symbol with corresponding calculated values from a custom made indicator.

i.e. A row of data would contain the normal bar price information (i.e. date, time, open, high, low, close, volumn) and the next few columns would contain indicator values.

I haven't download the trial yet, but would appreciate if you can let me know on this.

Thank you very much again.

Regards,

Temjin
Temjin, that can be done easily. Just plot a chart, add the indicators you need and then in MultiCharts go to File->Export Data->enable the option "export values for indicators based on symbol".

Return to “MultiCharts”