Order and Position Tracker with a signal - no auto trading  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
HPF

Order and Position Tracker with a signal - no auto trading

Postby HPF » 16 Jan 2014

Hi,

apologies if this newbie question has been answered elsewhere - I am stuck with the follwing. I have MC 8.8 (build 8362).

I have a strategy that consists of one signal and is applied to several 1-minute charts. Here is a (silly) example of such a strategy

Code: Select all

{example signal}

variables:
count (0);

if (MarketPosition = 0) then begin
if (open > high[2]) then begin
buy ("buy") next bar open;
count = 0;
end;
end;

if (MarketPosition > 0) then begin
count = count+1;
if (count = 5) then
sell ("sell") from entry ("buy") next bar open;
end;
that generates frequent buy and sell orders on a chart that contains minute bars of real-time data.

Can I use an "Order and Position Tracker" window in order to see the current position of the strategy as well as all pending and recently filled orders? Ideally not just for one chart, but for all charts of my workspace?

I am not interested in automatic trading, but rather looking for a convenient way of summarizing the positions and pending orders of a number of strategies in one central place.

I know that TS offers this feature, and you can even select which workspaces to monitor in this way, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this with MC.

Thanks for your help,

HPF

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Order and Position Tracker with a signal - no auto tradi  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Jan 2014

Hello HPF,

Order and Position Tracker window shows only the orders that were placed by autotrading and manual trading. Order and Position Tracker window cannot be utilized for backtesting.

Backtesting results can be viewed in Strategy performance report:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... nce_Report

PowerLanguage sample code that shows a message on the screen regarding the current system status can be found here.

There is a feature scheduled for MC 9.1: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1497
With the help of this feature that will be possible to get the collection of orders that were generated, cancelled, filled etc by the strategy in backtesting.

Return to “MultiCharts”