multiple execution accounts?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mic645

multiple execution accounts?

Postby mic645 » 03 Feb 2014

Hi,

I am a new user and was wondering if it is possible to configure different execution profiles per strategy.

For example, if I have multiple Interactive broker accounts and I want to have different trade sizes per each account.

Also, If I have different broker accounts where some can futures and others cannot, can I specify which account to trade with that are able to execute futures?

mic645

Re: multiple execution accounts?

Postby mic645 » 03 Feb 2014

actually, I was able to find out how to specify which broker account to execute per automated strategy.

Is it a matter of then running multiple automated strategies on the same chart to execute for say 3 different accounts?
or can I have the same 1 strategy execute all 3 accounts with different sizes?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Feb 2014

Hello mic645,

Basically it depends on how your IB accounts are configured. If all accounts are under the same login (it is a Financial Advisor account, Proprietary Trading Group account, Separate Trading Limit Account, etc.) then you can configure the account allocations in MultiCharts the same way it can be done in IB TWS. This will allow you sending orders to multiple IB accounts from a single chart in MultiCharts.

If each of your IB accounts has an individual login then you need to have an IB broker profile in MultiCharts for each IB login (to connect to a particular TWS). One chart in MultiCharts can perform trading through one broker profile at a time. That is possible to have multiple IB broker profiles connected at the same time, i.e. you can have as many charts you need trading as many profiles you have.

Please keep in mind that you can connect only to one IB login (i.e. TWS/Gateway application) for data access.

mic645

Postby mic645 » 05 Feb 2014

Hi Henry,

Ok understood. I will setup multiple charts on same symbol to execute with different broker accounts. that should do the trick.

thank you for the response.

m

mic645

Postby mic645 » 05 Feb 2014

Hi Henry,

Just one last question to be absolutely clear.

Multicharts can only autotrade 1 strategy per chart?
Or can I have multiple strategies autotrading (1 buy, 1 sell for example) on the same chart?

Thanks again,

m

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Feb 2014

Hi Henry,

Just one last question to be absolutely clear.

Multicharts can only autotrade 1 strategy per chart?
Or can I have multiple strategies autotrading (1 buy, 1 sell for example) on the same chart?

Thanks again,

m
mic645, yes you can do that, multiple signals are combined to create a single strategy.
Please study the following article to learn how it works: How Scripts Work

Return to “MultiCharts”