CQG Disconnections

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
met68

CQG Disconnections

Postby met68 » 06 Feb 2014

I am having problems with CQG regularly disconnecting from MC.net SE. About 4 minutes before the US close today, CQG disconnected for about 2 minutes!

Luckily I was not in a trade.

I remember I had similar disconnection issues when I used MC DT with CQG before.

My broker is AMP and I have installed the latest API as per the recommendations on the forum here.

Are MC not supporting CQG and would I be better off using say Rithmic or TTnet for data?

Is anybody else having similar issues?

If I have any more disconnections, I will need to move away from MC (I was going to buy a lifetime license for MC.net) and go back to NT and SC.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: CQG Disconnections

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Feb 2014

Hello met68,

Please check the following:
Only one and the same account should be used for getting data and trading. If different logins and passwords are entered in data source configuration and CQG broker profile, connection to data source will work, the broker profile will not or will be constantly losing connection.

If you still have any disconnects please do not restart MultiCharts and send me (support@multicharts.com) the following information for analysis:
1) What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you running? (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About)
2) What is the version of CQG API you are running ?
3) In MultiCharts go to File->New->Open Order and position tracker window-> Logs tab->make sure you are not filtering the information in columns, then go to File->Export to excel.
4) In MultiCharts go to Help->Feedback->Send logs. Please let me know that you have uploaded the logs.
If you want to send the logs manually please follow this guide: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... harts_Logs
5) CQG logs: You need to paste this path in Start->Run in order to open CQG logs folder: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Multicharts\Multicharts
Please send me all files with extension: *.log for further analysis.

shanemcdonald

Postby shanemcdonald » 10 Feb 2014

I have had disconnects with rithmic also.
Maybe it is the internet connection.
CQG seems to be more sensitive to a weak internet connection than rithmic, but that has been my experience.
I also find that MC does not reconnect as well as others. Many times I have to restart after a disconnect.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Feb 2014

I also find that MC does not reconnect as well as others. Many times I have to restart after a disconnect.
MultiCharts infinitely performs reconnect to such data providers/brokers as CQG and Rithmic. If the reconnect is not successful - most likely there is an error outside of MultiCharts (on the data provider/broker end or in their API).

If you want us to study such case please send us the following information:
0) Do not close MultiCharts;
1) Send us MultiCharts logs. In MultiCharts go to Help->Feedback->Send logs.
If you want to collect the logs manually please follow this guide: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... harts_Logs
2) Specify the time when the data stopped updating;
3) Create a full sized screenshot of your screen so that we can see the time of the last bar on the chart and system time;
4) Send us the requested information to support@multicharts.com

You can also come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate the issue remotely and we will collect all required for analysis information.

LarryR

Postby LarryR » 06 Mar 2014

I have had the same issues with CQG since I've started using MC in December. Here is the bottom line and I'll tell it to you straight from experience. The CQG api is unstable. Their api has well documented issues.

beck donald

Postby beck donald » 06 Mar 2014

I am running 24/7 trading a live account with the CQG. Broker is Amp. While I have other issues I am trying to iron out, I am not having any disconnection problems. I switch around between a number of computers and none have the issue described. I am running DSL at or about 12 to 15 mbs.

Larry, that is not to say I don't completely understand where your coming from, over the years I drift away from MC and come back to try and make it work. I have a ways to go yet, but its really much better than in the past.

waveslider

Postby waveslider » 18 Aug 2014

I have disconnection issues with CQG also and would agree that it is on the CQG API side. The best advice I have for anyone is to shut down and restart the entire platform as often as reasonable, or to reset the CQG connection - kill the API using task manager.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”