Server Side OCO/ Bracket Orders  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
met68

Server Side OCO/ Bracket Orders

Postby met68 » 08 Feb 2014

Is there a way I can get OCO and/ or Bracket orders entered in MC.net held on a server, rather than the local client?

What broker/ data feed combos would provide this, if any?

Looking to trade mostly the ES (CME).

JoshM

Re: Server Side OCO/ Bracket Orders

Postby JoshM » 08 Feb 2014

Is there a way I can get OCO and/ or Bracket orders entered in MC.net held on a server, rather than the local client?

What broker/ data feed combos would provide this, if any?
See the Supported Brokers and Order Types page.

Also, don't forget to read this page when you plan on auto-trading: optimize order flow and this page for the general OCO trading risks.

Welcome on the forum by the way. :]

met68

Postby met68 » 08 Feb 2014

Thanks Josh.

I am looking to use what MC call "native-OCO" and it looks like (from the links you provided) that this is only supported by the following brokers: Interactive Brokers (IB), FXCM and IWBank.

I actually have an IB account, but want to use an other broker/ data feed, as the IB data feed is filtered and not tick accurate.

The other two brokers mentioned here are really not an option for me.

So it looks like I will not be able to use MC after all, given my requirements for native OCO and tick accurate data.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Feb 2014

I actually have an IB account, but want to use an other broker/ data feed, as the IB data feed is filtered and not tick accurate.
Hello met68,

That is possible to use any supported data provider and send orders to IB broker. You need to configure the Symbol mapping in order to do that.

met68

Postby met68 » 10 Feb 2014

I have tried this, but it does not work. In a CQG chart, it simply will not allow me to map IB as a broker and when I try and add CQG as a data feed in an IB chart, it will simply duplicate the instrument line and keep both chart data and broker as IB.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Feb 2014

I have tried this, but it does not work. In a CQG chart, it simply will not allow me to map IB as a broker and when I try and add CQG as a data feed in an IB chart, it will simply duplicate the instrument line and keep both chart data and broker as IB.
met68, symbol mapping works properly. Please choose the broker profile in the Broker Profile box and configure the mapping as it is described in the guide.

If you are still unable to configure it-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 3 pm EST and we will do our best to help you.

met68

Postby met68 » 11 Feb 2014

I have tried and followed the linked guide, but it does not work. Happy to try a live chat/ support session. Maybe the AMP/CQG API is not allowing me to link to an other borker?

met68

Re: Server Side OCO/ Bracket Orders  [SOLVED]

Postby met68 » 11 Feb 2014

Have just come off a live support session with Roman and it now works! Thank you Roman. When I added an extra mapping, I then removed the original one. This is not necessary, indeed, it will not work if this is done.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”