Plot Independent of Scale  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
reticent67

Plot Independent of Scale

Postby reticent67 » 12 Feb 2014

Hi,
Probably a noob question but I've searched and was unable to find anything on this...

Is there a way to have a multiple plots on a subgraph without affecting the scaling? For instance, say I want to plot two averages against each other. The averages are in the thousands, but very close to each other. If one wanted to plot the difference between these two (which may be a number less than 1), is there a way to do this without affecting the entire scaling? If that is not possible - which I suspect may be the case - is there a way to have that number displayed in the data window without having to plot it?

I've tried using DrwText but that only works on the current bar and does not seem to keep historical values. Is there anyway around that? I've also tried putting the values into a string array and accessing them like that, but no such luck.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Plot Independent of Scale

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Feb 2014

Hello reticent67,

Do you have multiple plots generated by the same study? Or you are referring to separate studies each with its own plot that are located on the same subchart? Please attach a screenshot demonstrating your inquiry.

reticent67

Postby reticent67 » 14 Feb 2014

Hi Henry,

I am referring to multiple plots generated by the same study. If you look at the screen shots, you'll see that when I plot the difference between the two averages as a histogram, everything gets smashed together. I understand that will be normal because the averages are in the 1100's and the difference is a total usually less than 5. However, I'd rather not scale the averages down to make it fit, I'd prefer to keep them the way they are.

So I guess my question is, is there a way to keep track of difference in the Data Window where I can still view the historical values and not have that plot show up in the subgraph or affect the scaling?
Attachments
difference_plotted_as_histogram.jpg
(15.67 KiB) Downloaded 529 times
without_difference_plotted.jpg
(17.96 KiB) Downloaded 534 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Plot Independent of Scale  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Feb 2014

reticent67, that is possible to set the plot style to "invisible" and see it's values in the data window, but it will still affect the indicator scaling. In this case you will need to set the indicator scaling to "User defined".
An alternative to that is to have the difference plotted by a separate study. You can calculate the averages in the same code, just do not plot them, or reference the averages calculated by a separate study using the accessing objects of one study from the another one functionality.

reticent67

Postby reticent67 » 16 Feb 2014

Ok, I will give that a shot.

Thanks Henry!

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”