MC.net 8.8 + LMAX  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Phonix88

MC.net 8.8 + LMAX

Postby Phonix88 » 16 Feb 2014

Hi to all!

I have a big problem when I trade on the LMAX intermarket using MC.net 8.8: many times when a position is open, the platform stop the update of all charts. This means no new bars drawn/updated on the charts and the stop in the signal caluations (thus leaving the positions without management). But on the Orders and positions Traker view the data stream from LMAX isn't interrupped so, i think, isn't a connection problem.

I have tryed to completly erease the MC and reinstall it but always the results is the same, now I have downgraded at the 8.7 version and all work again great.

Now from this I have two questions: any one have found this problem? How I can report the problem at the assistence since that if I reproduce the problem, I have high probability of loss money?

MaRCHeW

Re: MC.net 8.8 + LMAX = big problem

Postby MaRCHeW » 16 Feb 2014

Hi :)

I don't have such problems.
I'm using MultiCharts .NET 8.8 SE (version 8.8.8590) with LMAX Exchange real account and everything is really good.

My OS is Windows 8.1 (64 bit version).

Regards
Karol Marchewka

Henry MultiСharts

Re: MC.net 8.8 + LMAX = big problem  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Feb 2014

Hello Phonix88,

We have replicated this issue on our end and fixed it. The fix will be included in the next version of MultiCharts. If you want to have the hotfix for MC 8.8 - please let me know the exact product you are running.

t-rader

Postby t-rader » 26 Feb 2014

Is this problem just with multicharts. Net or is it also a problem with powerlanguage multicharts?

If so which version is affected by this issue?
Last edited by t-rader on 27 Feb 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Feb 2014

This is the result of the functionality we have added in MultiCharts 8.8 Release for backfilling the missing data if the connection has been lost. We have now added a timeout to avoid issues with realtime data. The fix will become available in MultiCharts 9.0 Beta 1. If you have this issue - please contact support@multicharts.com directly and specify your MultiCharts build number to get the hotfix.

Phonix88

Postby Phonix88 » 05 Mar 2014

Hello Phonix88,

We have replicated this issue on our end and fixed it. The fix will be included in the next version of MultiCharts. If you want to have the hotfix for MC 8.8 - please let me know the exact product you are running.

Hi Henry,
as always thanks for the support.

I have resolved the problem installing the 8.7, and in the future I will install directly the 9.0.

I have opened the topic only for report the bug, but if it is closed, for me is all ok.

champski

Re: MC.net 8.8 + LMAX

Postby champski » 21 Mar 2014

Hi Henry,

I have two servers running;
Server1 - v8.8.8363 with the LMAX hotfix
Server2 - v8.8.8593 with the LMAX hotfix

Yesterday the LMAX datafeed on server1 stalled during a live trade, resulting in a missed winning trade (doh!). Server2 was fine during the same trade.

Why did Server1 have this issue when the hotfix was supposed to fix it?
Is this hotfix only specific for v8.8.8363?

Regards
Champski

champski

Postby champski » 24 Mar 2014

Hi Henry,

I have two servers running;
Server1 - v8.8.8363 with the LMAX hotfix
Server2 - v8.8.8593 with the LMAX hotfix

Yesterday the LMAX datafeed on server1 stalled during a live trade, resulting in a missed winning trade (doh!). Server2 was fine during the same trade.

Why did Server1 have this issue when the hotfix was supposed to fix it?
Is this hotfix only specific for v8.8.8363?

Regards
Champski
I have an update to this.
I just logged into server 2 and the lmax datafeed had stalled, lmaxserverhost.exe had crashed, my free disk space was 0 and my workspaces are now corrupt (when opening the workspaces I receive the error "unrecognized file format!".

NB. My disk space was filled by "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TS Support\MultiCharts64\8.8.8593.400\Logs\LMAXServerHost\LMAXServerHost_NET_Trace.txt". It was 59GB so I deleted it!!

What options am I left with..... rollback to v8.7?
Is v8.7 still supported?

Regards
Champski

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Mar 2014

Hello champski,

I believe Alex has already sent you the requested hotfix file.
Please let us know in case you still have any issues with LMAX.

champski

Postby champski » 13 Apr 2014

Hello champski,

I believe Alex has already sent you the requested hotfix file.
Please let us know in case you still have any issues with LMAX.
I've been testing with the new hotfix supplied by Alex and experienced the same issue as before. I have now upgraded to v8.8.8967 to see if that fixes the problem.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Apr 2014

I've been testing with the new hotfix supplied by Alex and experienced the same issue as before. I have now upgraded to v8.8.8967 to see if that fixes the problem.
v8.8.8967 does not have the hotfix included. If you experience this issue again - please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 3 pm EST to demonstrate the issue remotely and we will collect all required for analysis information. Alternatively you can collect the info for analysis. Please follow this guide: How to Collect Logs and Dumps Using MC Dumper

Once you have the zip file with the logs and dumps - please send it to support@multicharts.com and attach detailed problem description.
If the file size is >10mb please upload it to any file sharing hosting and send me the download link, otherwise send it via email directly to me and our developers will analyze it.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”