Missing exit order and entry signal

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
scotthkao

Missing exit order and entry signal

Postby scotthkao » 19 Feb 2014

I encountered a strange situation, not knowing what was doing on. I traded with MC 8.5 with 5 data series and realtime-history matching being on. In my signal, I close my position in the last 2nd bar completion. I found yesterday that no exit order was sent. What's even weirder was that I did not found the order sign in the chart but I can see the order having been fully executed on the tracker screen.

The last bar had around 10 ticks so theoretically the signal should have gotten a chance to be calculated at the last 2nd bar.

I remembered having seen the entry order sign in the chart earlier but why did it disappear at the end of the session? I had not closed the MC by the time the entry order sign disappear.

When I closed the MC and then opened it again, no historical entry order and exit order on that day (that is, realtime differed from history).

Do you have any idea on what could possibly going on?

Thanks a lot!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Missing exit order and entry signal

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Feb 2014

Hello scotthkao,

Do you mean the order was not plotted on the chart, though it was actually sent to the broker and shown as "Filled" in Order and Position tracker window?
Do you use SA or AA auto trading mode?

MultiCharts logs are erased when you restart MC. In case such situation happens - please do not restart MultiCharts. Go to Help->Feedback->Send logs.
In MultiCharts go to File->New->Open Order and position tracker window-> Orders tab->make sure you are not filtering the information in columns, then go to File->Export to excel.
Please also export the information from the Logs tab and send it to me for analysis.
Create a screenshot of Format->Strategy properties->Auto trading tab.
Attach a detailed problem description and highlight the orders in question on the screenshots or in excel file. Send this information to support of your version of MultiCharts.

scotthkao

Postby scotthkao » 22 Feb 2014

Do you mean the order was not plotted on the chart, though it was actually sent to the broker and shown as "Filled" in Order and Position tracker window?
Yes
Do you use SA or AA auto trading mode?
I use AA mode

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Feb 2014

scotthkao, in case such situation happens again-please do not restart MultiCharts and contact your broker directly to demonstrate it.

Return to “MultiCharts”