IB TICK-NYSE minute chart truncated

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rrams

IB TICK-NYSE minute chart truncated

Postby rrams » 25 Feb 2014

Can someone verify if they can get a 2 minute chart of the NYSE-TICK index from Interactive Brokers to display properly? Or what I might be doing wrong?

I can't get any negative numbers to print even though it works on TWS and in MC using MB Trading as a data source. Also a tick chart of the TICK-NYSE displays correctly.
Attachments
TICK-IB-MBT.jpg
(136.52 KiB) Downloaded 785 times

dennisc

Re: IB TICK-NYSE minute chart truncated

Postby dennisc » 25 Feb 2014

I don't know how to add TICK to my list (maybe I don't have the necessary permissions), but I can tell you that it's not a good idea to rely on IB's data anyway. It's all snapshot data, not actual realtime data.

If you were to plot one of the e-mini indexes using IB tick data, you'll only see about 1/4 as many bars as you would if you compare it to, say, IQFeed data.

I don't know why you can't get negative values though...

rrams

Postby rrams » 25 Feb 2014

I value your opinion and sypathize with your feelings about IB data and order handling. I understand their limitations; however I don't want to jump to any conclusions or blame and complain.

This is an non-tradable symbol that doesn't need to show every quote to be useful. I just wanted help to identify the scope and reproducibility of an "issue". I am sorry that I forgot to mention the symbol must be manually added to the QuoteManager with name and root of TICK-NYSE and exchange NYSE and type as an Index.

Also the index TICK-NASD with exchange NASDAQ seems to produce minute charts without problems for me. Let me know your results if you have time.

Thank you so kindly.

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Feb 2014

This is my chart:

Attachments
TICK-NYSC.jpg
(107.38 KiB) Downloaded 930 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Feb 2014

rrams, please attach a screenshot of your TICK-NYSE minute chart from IB TWS.

rrams

Postby rrams » 26 Feb 2014

I am using the 32 bit version of MC. The issue doesn't happen every time. Every now and then the chart displays correctly on MC.

I also can't figure out how to "lock" the vertical scale to a user defined min and max. When this sub chart is combined with a chart that has a different vertical scale (screen, entire series, etc.) it resets to that scale. i.e., saving the window or desktop does not save individual sub chart vertical scale settings.

The attached TWS and MC charts were taken simultaneously. The local and exchange time zones are off by 2 hours.
Attachments
TWS-MC compare.jpg
(276.9 KiB) Downloaded 778 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Feb 2014

rrams, when it happens - please come to our live chat (Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 3 pm EST) to demonstrate this behavior.

Return to “MultiCharts”