Ascii Import Issue

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
dbh21

Ascii Import Issue

Postby dbh21 » 26 Feb 2014

I exported some data using MultiCharts a while ago. I am not trying to import the same file but data is being ignored.

I've got data, in my timezone for the VIX, stored every 5 minutes. I use the QuoteManager. Create a VIX symbol. When I import the data, I am sure to set the timezone to local and the resolution to 5 minutes. But when I do, the first hour of each day's worth of data is ignored. The data starts at 6:35AM (PST), but it starts importing 7:35AM. I note that the time in MC is the same timezone as my system clock, so I think that it is set correctly.

Anyone know how I can get this first hour of data imported?

dbh21

Re: Ascii Import Issue

Postby dbh21 » 26 Feb 2014

I've done a little more work on this.

Now I think all the data is imported, but it is not displayed correctly. I've gone into the Format Instrument dialog and change the setting so that the TimeZone is local and the session is "US Stocks (Regular Session)". I expected this to be 6:30-1PM PST, but the charts show data from 7:30-1PM. The first hour of data is missing. If I change the setting to include "with PreMarket" the data shows up. But clearly 6:30-7:30 PST (9:30-10:30EST) is not premarket.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I'm sure I'm doing something stupid.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Ascii Import Issue

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Feb 2014

Hello dbh21,

Please make sure the symbol session settings are correct.
Go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->double click on the symbol you need->Sessions tab->you can modify the session time here. Copy/paste your existing chart or create a new one to apply the changes in session settings.

Each chart of this symbol set to Default session will use these session settings.
Make sure you have the correct Time Zone selected for your chart in Format->Instrument->Settings tab.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”