after update not every symbol has last bar on daily charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
lbj_theking

after update not every symbol has last bar on daily charts

Postby lbj_theking » 26 Feb 2014

hello
after having many problems with updating in last spring, I finally downgraded. That being nearly a year ago, I thought I could give it another try.
Unfortunately, to open and save workspaces takes really long in comparison to the old version.
Furthermore, and this is not good, for some symbols (ETFs), the chart just does not show the current bar in a daily chart. When I change to another symbol, that works, but when I change back to the old symbol it still does not work. When I change to intraday view it shows me todays intraday data...
What I am suppossed to do. it is really annoying...
Last edited by lbj_theking on 26 Feb 2014, edited 1 time in total.

TJ

Re: after update not every symbol has last bar on daily char

Postby TJ » 26 Feb 2014

hello
after having many problems with updating in last spring, I finally downgraded. Being nearly a year ago, I thought I could give it another try.
Unfortunately, to open and save workspaces takes really long comparison.
Furthermore, and this is not good, for some symbols (ETFs), the chart just does not show the current bar in a daily chart. When I change to another symbol, that works, but when I change back to the old symbol it still does not work. When I change to intraday view it shows me todays intraday data...
What I am suppossed to do. it is really annoying...
can you give a specific example? so that other people can check it on their computer too?

lbj_theking

Postby lbj_theking » 26 Feb 2014

yes, sure.
e.g. the ticker IVE showed me only the bar from yesterday (25th) as last bar. but when i select SPY it shows correctly the 26th as last bar.
I have played around a bit, and when I select intraday data for IVE, it shows correctly todays data. and when i stay for while in this chart and then again change to daily view, it shows also IVE now correctly. but still, mysterious behavior.

then only thing to add maybe, i am living in germany and MC is open from 2am EST till now 4pm EST. but, then, on the other hand, SPY works fine.
Open for suggestions. and I'll check tom. again and give feedback

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Feb 2014

Hello lbj_theking,

What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you running? (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About)
Which data provider do you use?
Do you have a realtime or delayed realtime subscription ?

lbj_theking

Postby lbj_theking » 27 Feb 2014

Hi Henry

MC64 8.8 (B 8593)
DP: iqFeed (realtime)

furthermore, the promised follow-up: all charts/tickers which I "corrected" through having intraday data on for a while, it worked today fine without any tuning necessary. But I'll come back if the issue arises again...

So to my other issue mentioned in the first post, is it expected that MC takes a lot longer than in older versions for opening and closing ?

Thx

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Feb 2014

So to my other issue mentioned in the first post, is it expected that MC takes a lot longer than in older versions for opening and closing ?
We have not experienced such behavior on our end. Please create new blank workspaces and copy/paste the windows from your current workspaces into the new ones. If new workspaces are working faster than the old ones-please send me both old and new workspaces for analysis to support@multicharts.com

lbj_theking

Postby lbj_theking » 28 Feb 2014

ok, I'll check that

Still a new issue has emerged. Since two days, when I put on the automated order execution (with IB as broker), MC loses the connection with IB (probably IB's fault) and does not reconnect automatically. Instead in TWS the pop-up "Accept incoming connection attempt appears". In both cases (yesterday & today) I was not there for a couple of hours and therefore my strategies did not trade :-( . Maybe it is just a setting somewhere, but before I upgraded last week, this issue has never happened.
Help regarding this is highly appreciated (probably a setting changing due to the upgrade)

Thx

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Feb 2014

Please add 127.0.0.1 to Trusted IP Addresses in TWS->Configure->API->Settings.

lbj_theking

Postby lbj_theking » 28 Feb 2014

That does it !

Mayny thx

Return to “MultiCharts”