None of my charts work with IB

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
met68

None of my charts work with IB

Postby met68 » 10 Mar 2014

After a while I wanted to give MC.net SE another try, using my IB account, but none of the charts and DOM's in my workspaces populate any more. I am connected to IB and the connection looks like it is ok.

Can somebody help, please?

met68

Re: None of my charts work with IB

Postby met68 » 10 Mar 2014

So, after 4 hours, the last chart has finally loaded. Wanted to try MC.net again today, after not having used it for a while (and given the recent discount offer), but unfortunately, I can't wait 4h each day for my 4-5 workspaces to load (and they really are not very complex workspaces).

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 11 Mar 2014

So, after 4 hours, the last chart has finally loaded. WTF? Wanted to try MC.net again today, after not having used it for a while (and given the recent discount offer), but unfortunately, I can't wait 4h each day for my 4-5 workspaces to load (and they really are not very complex workspaces).
The amount of historical data that can be downloaded with the IB data feed is subject to limitations (see their API docs here). Therefore, if you haven't kept your database up to date, it can indeed a long time before all data is downloaded.

However, if you keep your database up-to-date you don't have to wait 4h each day, obviously.

Btw, this IB issue is platform independent (see, for example, SC's docs here).

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Mar 2014

met68, please go to File->New->QuoteManager window. If you have "Pacing violation" message in Event Log - please refer to the following article: Interactive Brokers Pacing Violation

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”