Data Providers

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tony

Data Providers

Postby tony » 23 Mar 2014

I spent about nine months developing my strategy in MC using IQFeed for data. A few weeks ago I began working with a client who uses TT for data. It did not take long to notice differences in bar formations attributed to both machine clock variation (thanks MSFT) and data providers, and thus differences in performance.

I've increased the frequency of clock syncing with internet time to daily right now (may need to increase to intraday as well) but the data is something that cannot be changed, unless of course we both use the same data provider.

Perhaps if MC could form bars on trade timestamps versus machine clock, that may help to an extent though I may also be overlooking some disadvantages of doing so.

My question is if anyone has experience with both IQ and TT for data. It would seem that TT is the purest in terms of less filtering (sending every single tick) and TT would be faster as well. So in essence I would surmise that using TT you get the truest, most realistic picture of what is going on. Obviously this is only needed if you are scalping intraday, as my system is.

If anyone has any experience with these two data providers, would you be so kind to share your experiences.

Thank You,

Tony

Return to “MultiCharts”