Dom for FX

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
AlphaCat

Dom for FX

Postby AlphaCat » 25 Mar 2014

Hi,

i am using the DOM order entry together with Lmax. With FX being quoted in 0.1 pip increments, i only get a range of 2 or 3 pips displayed in the DOM ladder, even with small fonts, which is not really useful for my purposes (and i would assume its not very useful for most other FX users either).

So i set price scale to 1/100000 and min. movement to 5 for Eur/Usd in quotemanager. That results in 0.5 pip increments in the Dom, which works great for me.

The only problem is that the quantities in the DOM do not get summed up correctly for each 0.5 pip price point, instead it displays only the nearest price points quantity.

My suggestion would be to introduce a feature/setting for the DOM to better support FX, so that you can scale the DOM ladder to the desired increment and the quantities get summed up correctly at each price point on the ladder.

Best regards,
A.

Turing

Re: Dom for FX

Postby Turing » 27 Mar 2014

Few more suggestions for the DOM:

1. Would it be possible to make the DOM slim or at least width scaleable? It takes up a wide load of screen real estate at the moment. It can be useful to track multiple instruments next to one another.

2. Would it be possible to have a list of user defined exit strategies in a drop down text box in the DOM? While the graphics and color hearts are useful, it is slow to: scroll through, mouse over, wait for the description text to pop up and make sure the right strategy has been selected. Compare the NT, xTrader and TS implementations which are better at the moment.

3. When switching between compact and full mode, the price and position data jumps from the bottom of the DOM to the top of the DOM. Could the price and position data be kept in the same region of the screen? Helps to look in the same place for data.

Just a few ideas to consider. Keep up the great work on product improvement. Thank you.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Mar 2014

AlphaCat, Turing, thank you for your suggestions. All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.

MerlinBrasil

Postby MerlinBrasil » 23 Apr 2014

Hi Henry,

I'm having exactly the same problem and AlphaCat seems to have the right solution.

Am I correct in assuming that we can programmatically capture the DOM ladder prices and correct quantities from the data stream?

It would also help, I believe, if you'd post your Roadmap.

Best regards,
Merlin
Hi,

i am using the DOM order entry together with Lmax. With FX being quoted in 0.1 pip increments, i only get a range of 2 or 3 pips displayed in the DOM ladder, even with small fonts, which is not really useful for my purposes (and i would assume its not very useful for most other FX users either).

So i set price scale to 1/100000 and min. movement to 5 for Eur/Usd in quotemanager. That results in 0.5 pip increments in the Dom, which works great for me.

The only problem is that the quantities in the DOM do not get summed up correctly for each 0.5 pip price point, instead it displays only the nearest price points quantity.

My suggestion would be to introduce a feature/setting for the DOM to better support FX, so that you can scale the DOM ladder to the desired increment and the quantities get summed up correctly at each price point on the ladder.

Best regards,
A.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Apr 2014

Am I correct in assuming that we can programmatically capture the DOM ladder prices and correct quantities from the data stream?
Hello MerlinBrasil,

That is correct. Please refer to the following article to learn how to do that. There are also prebuilt indicators _Market_Depth_on_Chart_ and _Market_Depth_on_Chart_2_ that you can use for reference.
It would also help, I believe, if you'd post your Roadmap.
You can check the roadmap of some user requests in our Project Management section.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”