Is there a way to capture if a dot as been plot over a bar

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Is there a way to capture if a dot as been plot over a bar

Postby arjfca » 25 Mar 2014

Hello

An indicator plot a dot over a bar if certain conditions are met. Using another indicator, is it possible to find if a dot is plot over a bar or I need to redo all the conditions to validate it

Martin

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/21599/20140325-jo3w-79kb

TJ

Re: Is there a way to capture if a dot as been plot over a b

Postby TJ » 25 Mar 2014

Hello
An indicator plot a dot over a bar if certain conditions are met. Using another indicator, is it possible to find if a dot is plot over a bar or I need to redo all the conditions to validate it
Martin
The only way for one indicator to get a value from another indicator is through Global Variables.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 25 Mar 2014

Hello
Martin
The only way for one indicator to get a value from another indicator is through Global Variables.
Hello TJ

OK, I see, I'm already using GV, but did not find yet how to capture this info using the mouse click event. Problem is not with the mouse event, only on how to discriminate an individual bar.

I'm using Mouse event to capture data on a bar. I wanted to add the presence of a dot over a bar in the captured data. Once store in GV, the info is transferred to Excel.

Since both indicators are not in synch (1' one is base on time from the chart and the 2' is manually driven by the click on the mouse) it seem that it will be complicated to use GV. I will forget to use the idea

I saw in the Wiki, a function call I_GetPlotvalue. Seem to be the solution, but not much info on how to use it.

Have a good evening
Martin

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Mar 2014

::
Hello TJ
OK, I see, I'm already using GV, but did not find yet how to capture this info using the mouse click event. Problem is not with the mouse event, only on how to discriminate an individual bar.
I'm using Mouse event to capture data on a bar. I wanted to add the presence of a dot over a bar in the captured data. Once store in GV, the info is transferred to Excel.
Since both indicators are not in synch (1' one is base on time from the chart and the 2' is manually driven by the click on the mouse) it seem that it will be complicated to use GV. I will forget to use the idea
I saw in the Wiki, a function call I_GetPlotvalue. Seem to be the solution, but not much info on how to use it.
Have a good evening
Martin
i_getplotvalue is for an indicator to get a value from a strategy.

Return to “MultiCharts”