IOG Mode

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tony

IOG Mode

Postby tony » 04 Apr 2014

I'm running a script with IOG=True and had thought (still do which is why I'm posting this topic) that any prior variable or price that I referenced was based on ticks, not bars. For example var3[1] would be the value of var3 on the prior tick, not the prior bar.

But I was working with the HIGH function and it appears I was mistaken, at least with this function (reserved word). For example I am using highest( high, 5 ) of Data3; and in playback mode, the script is calculating, 5 bars back on Data3, NOT 5 ticks back. Remember, I am using IOG=True in my script.

Can anyone confirm that this is correct? In playback mode sometimes things seem to have a mind of their own (though I do love this feature) which is why I am asking. Thank You -

TJ

Re: IOG Mode

Postby TJ » 04 Apr 2014

I'm running a script with IOG=True and had thought (still do which is why I'm posting this topic) that any prior variable or price that I referenced was based on ticks, not bars. For example var3[1] would be the value of var3 on the prior tick, not the prior bar.
But I was working with the HIGH function and it appears I was mistaken, at least with this function (reserved word). For example I am using highest( high, 5 ) of Data3; and in playback mode, the script is calculating, 5 bars back on Data3, NOT 5 ticks back. Remember, I am using IOG=True in my script.
Can anyone confirm that this is correct? In playback mode sometimes things seem to have a mind of their own (though I do love this feature) which is why I am asking. Thank You -
The [1] reference has ALWAYS been a bar reference. Nowhere in any manual have ever suggested otherwise.

tony

Re: IOG Mode

Postby tony » 04 Apr 2014

You just made my night TJ. Thanks for clarifying.

Return to “MultiCharts”