No data in IB charst

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
ivan

No data in IB charst

Postby ivan » 06 Apr 2014

Just installed MC.NET trial and tried to connect to IB. When I click on the icon, it connects. I can bring up a window with orders and positions. However, any chart I open stays blank without data in it. Tried a few things - nothing helped.

I tried to follow the instructions on a web page (https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ve_Brokers), but it seems out of sync. For instance, it talks about "Though there is choice between web-based and standalone version, standalone version is recommended to use.", well, could you elaborate where is this "choice"? I am using the web version (starting from *.jnlp file).

When I go to the "DataSources", I see the IB there, when I click on it, it says "Interactive Brokers client software is not installed or incompatible. Please install latest version of client software." first, before it shows me the settings.

It's quite disappointing to see that basic functionality using the biggest retail brokerage is not working.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: No data in IB charst

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Apr 2014

Hello ivan,

Please go to Quote manager->Tools->Data sources->IB->Settings->Click on reset button->Ok.
Then again go to IB Data source settings and in the appeared window select "I use web based TWS".
After that is done add the symbols from the data source.
In QuoteManager go to Instrument tab->Add symbol->From data source-> IB.
Create a chart with the instrument added from data provider.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”