manually set position not remembered...  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
hairyMug

manually set position not remembered...

Postby hairyMug » 07 Apr 2014

After auto-trading an instrument, when re-starting auto-trade, I have set the "show assign the initial market position at the broker dialog".
This does prompt for position (as expected) but the position that I have entered is not "remembered" and the next time it reverts to the history position.
I would expect that once I set it, it would replace the stored position.
Please advise how the historical positions can be reset or how this can be made persistent.

Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: manually set position not remembered...

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Apr 2014

Hello hairyMug,

"Show assign initial market position at the broker dialog" window receives the current open position for the selected instrument from the broker and automatically fills it into the form. It does not cooperate with position history in any way, and it cannot remember something you have typed into it before.

hairyMug

Ok, Then I must have something else happening because currently I have a 120 share long position and chart & broker show the information.
I then turned off auto-trading and turned it back on... The broker dialog was displayed and "flat" was select instead of 120 shares (which was still showing on the chart and at the broker).
The odd thing is that another stock (which currently has 380 shares long) DID show the correct shares on the broker dialog.

The strategy settings on both were the same the only difference was that the stock which did not work correctly was traded previously (and was exited manually) but the other stock has never been traded before...

So the issue seems to be when a stock is exited manually, the history overrides the broker position...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Apr 2014

What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you running? (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About)
Which data provider and broker do you use for this chart?

hairyMug

v 8595 and I use IB for both data & broker with 5 minute charts...

hairyMug

Postby hairyMug » 09 Apr 2014

FYI... This is still an issue with the latest release...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Apr 2014

hairyMug, we were unable to repclicate this behavior.
Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 3 pm EST to demonstrate it remotely.

hairyMug

Postby hairyMug » 09 Apr 2014

I will try to connect to chat if I can...
I think that this occurs on those stocks in which the trade was opened by the MC Auto-trade and then closed in the TWS (after Auto-trade was turned off).
I have already experimented with the "client id", but that does not seem to matter...
Because I am trading with an "advisor" account (with two sub-accounts), it also adds another level of complexity.
I am working on an un-managed solution which will trade each account separately... twice the commission but more control.

hairyMug

Postby hairyMug » 10 Apr 2014

I have attached a screen shot to display the issue (in case I have not described it correctly).
Note the broker dialog box wants to set "flat" even though the chart & broker show 240 shares.
Also, the current profit amount on the chart is incorrect.
After entering the 240 shares into the dialog (with the average price shown by the broker), the profit amount on the chart does not change...
>> Maybe the dialog does not set the amounts??
Attachments
screenShot.jpg
(237.07 KiB) Downloaded 853 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: manually set position not remembered...  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Apr 2014

hairyMug, thank you for the information. We were able to replicate the issue now. It has been added to our fix list.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”