You should update the profiles accordingly...

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

You should update the profiles accordingly...

Postby arnie » 09 Apr 2014

... to what is shown on the main page of the .NET version.

As you can see on the attached image, you show the profiles plotting the total volume without rounding up that volume but in reality MC does round up the volume which can be quite annoying.
I never understood why you started to round up the volume (text) when the first profile versions they were not rounded up.

Well, I think I know, I remember there was an issue with the length of the horizontal bars that would "eat" the last 2 digits of the text when plotting profiles per bar.
Instead of fixing that "eating" problem, the developers decided the round up the volume (text) which was not the best way to fix it.

Initially I thought time was an issue and they would fix this later on but 2 full versions have passed since this "round up" thing and still, nothing.

I really hope next version the developers fix this.
Attachments
mis_information.jpg
(99.4 KiB) Downloaded 489 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: You should update the profiles accordingly...

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Apr 2014

Hello arnie,

Thank you for your suggestion. All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.

arnie

Postby arnie » 10 Apr 2014

Hello arnie,

Thank you for your suggestion. All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.
I don't see how this can be considered a feature request since I'm asking for the volume be fully displayed as it was on the first versions of the volume profile tool and not rounded up as it is now.

Again, this round up was implemented due to an issue with the horizontal volume bar that was "eating" the last two digits of the text. By rounding up the volume (text) the developers basically removed those two digits that were being "eaten". This way the problem was easily addressed but it's time for they to work on it and fix whatever was the problem back then and display the full volume (text) again.

Again, I'm not requesting any new feature here, just for something to be fixed.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 May 2014

The option will be added in MultiCharts 9.0 Beta 1.

Return to “MultiCharts”