VS 2010

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MerlinBrasil

VS 2010

Postby MerlinBrasil » 09 Apr 2014

Hi,

I'm just getting started with MC and having a simple problem with VS10 integration.

The Integration directions indicate point to directories and a directory structure which does not exist. Same directions in both the PDF and the Wiki.

"'The Integration process between MultiCharts .NET and MS VS is very simple. The script for each study is stored in a separate file (*.cs or *.vb). Below are the default paths of the folders where these scripts are stored:

For MultiCharts64 .NET - %allusersprofile%\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts64 .NET\StudyServer\Techniques\CS\ "

Also, am I missing working example code? Obviously one shouldn't have to type in the code from the PDF. I'm getting the feeling from reading other posts (TopGuy & responses) that VS & C# aren't.... well supported. Is this likely to change anytime soon?

So far, other than the above constraints, I like what I see from a Trader point of view and I do hope this all gets sorted out.

Best regards,
Merlin

MaRCHeW

Re: VS 2010

Postby MaRCHeW » 10 Apr 2014

Hi :)
Hi,

I'm just getting started with MC and having a simple problem with VS10 integration.

The Integration directions indicate point to directories and a directory structure which does not exist. Same directions in both the PDF and the Wiki.

"'The Integration process between MultiCharts .NET and MS VS is very simple. The script for each study is stored in a separate file (*.cs or *.vb). Below are the default paths of the folders where these scripts are stored:

For MultiCharts64 .NET - %allusersprofile%\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts64 .NET\StudyServer\Techniques\CS\ "

Also, am I missing working example code? Obviously one shouldn't have to type in the code from the PDF. I'm getting the feeling from reading other posts (TopGuy & responses) that VS & C# aren't.... well supported. Is this likely to change anytime soon?

So far, other than the above constraints, I like what I see from a Trader point of view and I do hope this all gets sorted out.

Best regards,
Merlin
Please check the ProgramData folder on your C: drive.
Look at my screenshot.

Regards
Karol Marchewka
Attachments
screenshot1.png
(155.88 KiB) Downloaded 476 times

MerlinBrasil

Postby MerlinBrasil » 10 Apr 2014

Thanks, Karol

Finally found the files and your screenshot helped.

That directory was "hidden" and I needed to follow the top posting at

Code: Select all

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/can-not-find-the-program-data-folder/bb22413e-7977-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5
after which all was revealed :)

Much appreciated,
Merlin

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Apr 2014

I have updated the path to the study directories in the Wiki.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”