Adding new continuous future to existing multidata chart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Harvey Wallbanger

Adding new continuous future to existing multidata chart

Postby Harvey Wallbanger » 10 Apr 2014

I have an existing chart plotting TS Dax data as the tradeable and other symbols below it as well. I have created a new custom continuous contract from eSignal Dax data and wish to replace the TS Dax data with the eSig data.

So I went to Format Instrument, then change the data source and select the new instrument, make sure that Settings are set to the correct dates, and I should have been sitting pretty. Or so I thought.

Error message reads " Custom futures are not available in the Merge Data Series mode." Reading up on this i went to File/Preferences/Charting and confirmed that Enable data source merging is indeed NOT checked.

The eSig continuous contract plots just fine by itself, by the way. The problem only occurs when i attempt to add it to an existing multidata chart.

So why am i getting this error message when data merging is not checked and how may I solve this problem?

Thank you!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Adding new continuous future to existing multidata chart  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Apr 2014

Hello Harvey,

"Enable data source merging" not checked means that the option is just hidden, not that the option is disabled. Please check the "Enable data source merging" box to have it shown, then go to Format->Instrument->Instrument tab and disable merging.

Harvey Wallbanger

Re: Adding new continuous future to existing multidata chart

Postby Harvey Wallbanger » 11 Apr 2014

Hi Henry,

That fixed the problem. Many thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”