Missing features from "Multicharts for TWS" ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jese514

Missing features from "Multicharts for TWS" ?

Postby jese514 » 11 Apr 2014

I get the impression that there are some features missing from the $39/month version of "Multicharts for TWS":

- I cannot locate the quote manager (File, New, ... 'New Quote Manager Window' is NOT listed)
- I don't see any options for data providers other than TWS. Is this supported?
- I cannot figure out how to Import Data (since the quote manager is required for this, as far as I know).

Can someone enlighten me? Thank you!

JoshM

Re: Missing features from "Multicharts for TWS" ?

Postby JoshM » 13 Apr 2014

- I cannot locate the quote manager (File, New, ... 'New Quote Manager Window' is NOT listed)
There is no QuoteManager included in MultiCharts for TWS.
- I don't see any options for data providers other than TWS. Is this supported?
No, MultiCharts for TWS is strictly for InteractiveBrokers.
- I cannot figure out how to Import Data (since the quote manager is required for this, as far as I know).
Since there is no QuoteManager, importing data cannot be done (unless there is some sort of undocumented workaround).

There's more info on MultiCharts for TWS here.

jese514

Postby jese514 » 17 Apr 2014

It's incredible to me that those features are missing! It's not as though they are saying "upgrade to make these available" or anything. Those are very significant features!

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 17 Apr 2014

It's incredible to me that those features are missing! It's not as though they are saying "upgrade to make these available" or anything. Those are very significant features!
MultiCharts for TWS costs around half the price of regular MultiCharts. And the free MultiCharts .NET for TWS is infinitely cheaper than regular MultiCharts .NET.

I think it makes sense that a cheaper or free version also has less functionalities. Just like I think it makes sense that MultiCharts for TWS is exclusive for ... IB TWS. :]

Btw, the regular MultiCharts has the same free trial length as MultiCharts for TWS. You can request a free trial here.

quantarb

Postby quantarb » 18 Apr 2014

Are there any plans to add "Link TWS symbol lists and charts in MultiCharts" and "Integrated IB symbology" to the regular Multicharts version? I am using regular Multicharts with IB but I need IQ Feed. I am auto trading options I need to update my symbol list every month. It would be great if I didn't have to do that.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Apr 2014

Are there any plans to add "Link TWS symbol lists and charts in MultiCharts" and "Integrated IB symbology" to the regular Multicharts version?
These features are unique for MultiCharts for TWS version. At the moment we do not plan to add them in regular MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”