MC.Net for IB TWS & Portfolio Bactesting

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
mayhem

MC.Net for IB TWS & Portfolio Bactesting

Postby mayhem » 13 Apr 2014

As an IB client I just had an email about MultiCharts for TWS.

Would I be correct in saying that the Portfolio Backtester is not part of this arrangement, but single product back testing is ?

Suppose I back tested my portfolio strategy elsewhere, e.g. MultiCharts.Net (but separate from IB), or as I was planning to do, using RightEdge, would it be possible to run the portfolio strategy using MC.Net for TWS, i.e. not backtesting it but live trading, or are all portfolio features disabled for this arrangement with IB ?

Many thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: MC.Net for IB TWS & Portfolio Bactesting

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Apr 2014

Hello mayhem,

Portfolio Bactesting does not come with MultiCharts .NET for IB TWS.
That is possible to perform backtesting on a chart in MultiCharts. Please see our wiki for more information: Backtesting.

In MultiCharts you can trade one symbol per chart only. If you want to trade a certain number of instruments-you need to have a chart open for each symbol.
With MultiCharts .Net that is possible to send unmanaged orders-for example from one chart you can trade multiple instruments at the same time, but each symbol should be hardcoded. You can find a code example of such signals at the following thread.

We are going to implement Portfolio trading with money management rules and basket trading in MultiCharts 9.0

mayhem

Re: MC.Net for IB TWS & Portfolio Bactesting

Postby mayhem » 14 Apr 2014

Thanks guys, very helpful, look forward to 9.0.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”