60min 20period EMA displayed on a 5min chart

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
MikeD

60min 20period EMA displayed on a 5min chart

Postby MikeD » 20 Apr 2014

Can anyone assist me in coding a 60 min 20 period EMA to be displayed on a 5 min chart of same instrument? I have no experience with coding whatsoever. Thanks in advance.

furytrader

Re: 60min 20period EMA displayed on a 5min chart

Postby furytrader » 21 Apr 2014

You actually don't need to program anything. The easy way to do this is as follows:

1) On your 5 minute charge, go Insert -> Instrument and select a 60 minute interval for the same market. Note that you can choose to hide this new chart by selecting Format Instrument -> (Select the 60 Minute Time Series) -> Settings -> Display: Sub-Chart (Hide) ... or you can choose to just leave it displayed at the bottom of the window.

2) Once this is loaded, go Insert -> Indicator -> Mov Avg (Exponential)

3) Define your study to be 20 periods in length;

4) Go to the Properties tab of the "Format Study: Mov Avg Exponential" dialog box and click Base Study On "2 - (60 Minute Bar Interval)

5) On that same dialog screen, select Sub-Chart #1

In essence, this will calculate the exp moving avg based on the 60 minute chart of the same instrument but will display it on the 5 minute chart.

If this isn't what you're looking for (or if it doesn't work for some reason), let me know.

TJ

Re: 60min 20period EMA displayed on a 5min chart

Postby TJ » 21 Apr 2014

Can anyone assist me in coding a 60 min 20 period EMA to be displayed on a 5 min chart of same instrument? I have no experience with coding whatsoever. Thanks in advance.
See post #4
[FAQ] Multiple time frame, Multi-Data Analysis
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6929

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”