Multi Time Frame coding example - SMA...and some other issue

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
hughesfleming

Multi Time Frame coding example - SMA...and some other issue

Postby hughesfleming » 24 Apr 2014

Hi,

I am trying to find an example in C# how this is done. Essentially I would like to put a sma that reads the time series from the daily chart and see it on a 60 minute chart. If I want to make a moving average of the lows and highs, the out of the box MA can't do this it seems. Really? I am new to Multicharts and I am trying to recreate the templates I used on my previous platform and I am running into things that I never expected.

I am also hoping that my third day with MC.net goes a bit better than my first two. I spent 45 minutes talking to tech support at Optimus Futures while they hunted remotely through my MC installation to try and get their datafeed working. I could log in and search for symbols but never pull up a chart. Support gave up in the end and said they would contact Multicharts.

I now have short cut on my desktop to so that I can quickly edit the registry when the editor crashes. This has happened twice so now I will look to install visual studio.

I think MC.net has tremenous potential and I am looking forward to coding for it but I can't hide the fact that I have a sinking feeling at the moment.

Kind regards,

Alex

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Multi Time Frame coding example - SMA...and some other i

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Apr 2014

I would like to put a sma that reads the time series from the daily chart and see it on a 60 minute chart
Hello Alex,

There are two ways to do that.
1) Add two data series to your chart:60 min and 1 day.
Add the indicator you need and base the indicator calculation on the data2 (1 day).

2) Create your own indicator that will load the 1 data into the code directly, process the data and calculate the study on the processed data.
I am also hoping that my third day with MC.net goes a bit better than my first two. I spent 45 minutes talking to tech support at Optimus Futures while they hunted remotely through my MC installation to try and get their datafeed working. I could log in and search for symbols but never pull up a chart. Support gave up in the end and said they would contact Multicharts.
Were you able to finally get the data?
I now have short cut on my desktop to so that I can quickly edit the registry when the editor crashes. This has happened twice so now I will look to install visual studio.
What do you mean by "the editor crashes"? Does it stop responding or the process actually crashes? Have you uploaded the crash report?

hughesfleming

Re: Multi Time Frame coding example - SMA...and some other i

Postby hughesfleming » 24 Apr 2014

Great. Option 2 was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks. Looks like I am going to have to study the FAQ a little more carefully. I have not solved the data problem yet but I have received an E-mail from Andrew Shuvlenov with some information which will give me a better understanding of how to set things up correctly.

Kind regards,

Alex

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”