Trailing Stop trigger not visible in DOM  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
evdl

Trailing Stop trigger not visible in DOM

Postby evdl » 30 Apr 2014

When applying an master exit strategy (with trailing stop) on the chart, then the targets and also the level of the trailingstop trigger is shown on the chart.

When you then look at the DOM the profit target and stoploss are displayed on the dom, but the trigger level of the trailing stop is not visible. If you place the exit strategy via the DOM the trailingstop triggers are not visible on the chart.

You can only see the triggers on the DOM if you used the dom to place the exits or you can only see the triggers on the chart if you used the chart to place the exits.

Is it possible to always show the trigger levels as well on the dom as on the chart, with no distincting if you use the dom or the chart for placing the exits. (as I think it was with older versions of MC)

Also the way the targets are displayed on the DOM, differs if you place the exit strategy via the chart or DOM. Is this intentially, or can this be adjusted that it always looks the same?

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Trailing Stop trigger not visible in DOM

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 01 May 2014

Hello evdl,

It seems to work good on my end, please see the attached screenshots:

If the issue still persists, please come to our live chat during working hours (6:30 am – 2:45 pm EST) to let our operators connect to your computer remotely and help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

evdl

Postby evdl » 02 May 2014

Thanks Andrew for the reply.

As in my other post about the individual targets, the first attempt it worked. And I could see the trigger on the chart and on the DOM.

With the second attempt, without changing anything, it did not work anymore and I got the result as described in the first post.

I will go to live chat as soon as possible.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Trailing Stop trigger not visible in DOM  [SOLVED]

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 05 May 2014

Just for anyone who could read this topic: evdl had custom futures on chart and current individual contract in DOM, though they are mapped to the same current contract on broker end, the trigger level and the order bound to that trigger level (transparent = not placed at broker yet) are not shown for different instruments in charts/DOMs even. Only open positions and active orders are shown on different charts/DOMs with different instruments (current contract vs. custom futures) mapped to the same broker symbol.

evdl

Postby evdl » 05 May 2014

Just had the live chat with Andrew.

Thanks Andrew,

In addition to your comment:

Custom futures are not (yet) supported in the DOM (no data is shown). That's why I used the current individual contract for the DOM and the custom futures on the chart symbol mapped to current individual contract.

I was in the assumption that by mapping this to the custom future, that all information was passed on also to the DOM. But that is not the case. Andrew asked me to make a PM request if this is of value to me. I think this is useful, so I will make a PM and post these to this thread to vote on.

For now this can be seen as solved, and I will change the status.

evdl

Postby evdl » 05 May 2014

Return to “MultiCharts”