Trade analysis

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Jean_s21

Trade analysis

Postby Jean_s21 » 17 May 2014

I day trade equities and want to know if i can make analysis of my trade thru the multicharts software. Would like to buy a license to link to my IB broker. Before buying, would like to know if i can get the same type of analysis that you provide thru portfolio backtesting. Basically want to see if i can review or analyse my daily trades. Thanks

JoshM

Re: Trade analysis

Postby JoshM » 18 May 2014

Manual trades that you executed on the chart end up in the Performance Report, provided that you had the trading profile connected to the broker in question.

You cannot however combine the performance reports from different charts into one, as is the case with the Portfolio Backtester. Perhaps the upcoming Portfolio Trading feature will change this, but that's something MC Support can answer.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Trade analysis

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 May 2014

Hello Jean_s21,

That is possible to analyze the orders you have sent to your broker using the Performance report in MultiCharts. For more information about the orders that can be seen in the report please refer to the following post:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45424&p=99062#p99062
You cannot however combine the performance reports from different charts into one, as is the case with the Portfolio Backtester. Perhaps the upcoming Portfolio Trading feature will change this, but that's something MC Support can answer.
JoshM, Portfolio Trading will be performed via Portfolio window, not MultiCharts window. Therefore the report will be the same as in the portfolio backtester.

Return to “MultiCharts”