ROC of multiple instruments

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

ROC of multiple instruments

Postby arnie » 25 May 2014

I've been trying to plot the rate of change for multiple instruments but the scale of it is completely messed up. Every time I zoom in/out the lines shift.

Is there a way to have one single price scale for various data series so we don't get this line shifting?

Regards.
Attachments
ROC_multi.jpg
(196.75 KiB) Downloaded 420 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: ROC of multiple instruments

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 27 May 2014

Hello arnie,

When you apply an indicator to a data series, it should take the scale of this data series. From the picture you attached i see the scale is taken from data 1. I am not sure i understand what exactly you want. Please elaborate.

arnie

Postby arnie » 27 May 2014

Hello arnie,

When you apply an indicator to a data series, it should take the scale of this data series. From the picture you attached i see the scale is taken from data 1. I am not sure i understand what exactly you want. Please elaborate.
Hi Andrew.

I understand that.
I'd like to be able to do what you guys did in TradingView.
When comparing two or more symbols it needs to have it's own scale and not the data series scale.

The TradingView chart shows the comparison between SPY and TNX. While SPY is rising since the first day of the year, 4% while the TNX is falling 15%.

Unfortunately, TradingView does not allow, yet, this comparisons be made using time inputs. As it is now, it calculates the ROC based from the first bar on the chart which is a bit annoying when trying to see monthly and weekly performances but that it's something to be discussed outside of this forum.

The MC chart, shows the ROC for each data series.
The problem here is that by overlaying the ROC of data series 2 onto the ROC of data series 1, data series 1 scale takes precedence, making the ROC scale of data series 2 to be off. I need to toggle between scales to see them properly plotted when the main purpose within a comparison is to see all within a single scale, otherwise, what's the point of doing a comparison when each line is being plotted on its own scale?

So my questions was if it would be possible to make the type of direct comparisons that we can do in TradingView in MC.

Attachments
comparison02.jpg
(115.12 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
comparison01.jpg
(192.32 KiB) Downloaded 395 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 28 May 2014

I see what you mean now. Unfortunately it is not possible to do the same in MC. We will consider it for future versions of MC. Thank you for your suggestion.

Return to “MultiCharts”