Charting live trades and the Order and position tracker

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tozwp

Charting live trades and the Order and position tracker

Postby tozwp » 29 May 2014

I've just started testing a signal using a dummy IB account and live data. Twice now I've seen this happen. A trade is entered and shows up on the chart. All the orders are shown in the Order and Position Tracker. After some time, the trade is not shown on the chart any longer but the open orders are still shown in the Tracker. The trade is still open and working but it doesn't show on the chart. Is there a way to refresh the chart and show the active trade? Automated trading is still turned on (SA mode). It doesn't seem to happen all the time so I'm not sure how to duplicate it.

tozwp

Re: Charting live trades and the Order and position tracker

Postby tozwp » 29 May 2014

I'm running the same signal on the same currency pair on two different time frames (two charts). Is it correct behavior that the entries and exits don't show up on the charts when there are trades on the two charts? What I noticed was that the signal first started trading on one of the charts and the entry and one exit were plotted on that chart. When the signal traded on the second chart, neither chart showed any trades on the chart. For both signals, the Order and Position Tracker kept track of the entries and exits for both signals from both charts. Is it possible to show these visually on the charts or do I just have to watch the Position Tracker to keep track of the trades?

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 30 May 2014

Hello tozwp,

Please make sure symbol mapping is configured correctly, chart trading panel was opened at least once after MC start and in the settings of chart trading it is set to show historical orders on chart.

If the issue still persists, please come to our live chat during working hours (6:30 am – 2:45 pm EST) to let our operators connect to your computer remotely and help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 30 May 2014

Thanks Andrew! I hadn't noticed that feature before and it works very well.

Return to “MultiCharts”