No live updating of eSignal data using MC 8.8

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Harvey Wallbanger

No live updating of eSignal data using MC 8.8

Postby Harvey Wallbanger » 03 Jun 2014

I have recently installed MC 8.8 build 9189 on a new Windows 8.0 (subsequently upgraded to 8.1) laptop, together with eSignal 11.8.3435.997(64 bit) and IB TWS web based latest version. I wish to chart live HSI M4-HKF and AX M4-DT futures data, and on my win 7 PC I can successfully do so but on the laptop I can get no live updating of chart bars in MC, even as the eSignal application on the laptop does successfully deliver both live quotes and charts.

On the laptop I can follow in MC the live market on the row of bid ask and OHLC prices that runs horizontally across the top of the chart, and I can even manually place orders to simulated IB using the buttons on the right side of the MC chart, buttons which update the bids and asks in real time. If I want to update the chart I can manually Control R. In other words, everything seems to work just fine EXCEPT the bars on the chart wont automatically update with each new price and thus obviously i cannot autotrade.

I have tried different intraday time compressions but that makes no difference. In QuoteManager Tools Data Sources eSignal is Active. On the MC chart, Format/Instruments/format/Settings/Date Range is set thru the current date.

I have no such problems on my Win 7 (service pack 1 64 bit) PC. There I also use the latest version of web based TWS, eSignal data manager version 11.6 (Build 453.0), and MC version 8.8 8893.

In sum, data--whether from eSig or IB I am not sure--is getting into the MC chart, but the bars there aren't updating automatically.

I can only guess, based on the evidence, that either I am missing some setting or perhaps there is on the laptop some sort of incompatibility/bug in this combo of OS, Data Manager, and MC versions.

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: No live updating of eSignal data using MC 8.8

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jun 2014

Hello Harvey,

Please check the following:
1) make sure your Windows Time Zone and Time are configured properly;
2) in MultiCharts go to File->Preferences->Charting->Enable data sources merging.
Then for the problem chart go to Format->Instrument->Instrument tab->make sure "merging" is disabled.

Other suggestions can be found at the following page:Problems with Data in MultiCharts.

henrywl

Postby henrywl » 18 Jun 2014

Hello Henry,

I have very similar issue except that I can update the charts automatically, and the buttons on the right side of the MultiCharts is also updating the bid and ask price; however, I can't place any order from the chart to IB TWS nor the do any autotrades, the IB is not responding at all. No matter I use the buy Mkt or anything it just never get through to the IB TWS. Orders a never showup there, but it works perfectly fine with IB data feed instead of Esignal. Please help as I would like to use eSignal for the data feed.

Thks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jun 2014

Hello henrywl,

Please make sure eSignal to IB symbol mapping is configured.

Return to “MultiCharts”