"Show Active Orders" works intermittently  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
thutch

"Show Active Orders" works intermittently

Postby thutch » 04 Jun 2014

Sometimes my active orders do not show on my workspaces. I think this relates to IB's TWS rebooting daily (I use TWSStart), and after login the 'Active Order' markers do not reappear. Strangely however the 'Open Positions' marker is shown on every chart with a position.

Does anyone know how to get the 'active order' markers to reappear without having to restart MC? This is the only way to solve it that I have found, but is a bit of a pain to do daily (particularly as I have found that the platform is so stable that I can leave it up for days)?

thank you

Edit: following some more investigation, the issue is even weirder ... on one chart I have 4 active orders (2 stops and 2 limit order profit tgts). The more recently added OCO pair show up on the chart, whereas the older OCO pair does not! And this persists even after restarting MC. Any ideas what is going on?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: "Show Active Orders" works intermittently

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Jun 2014

Hello thutch,

Please make sure the Chart Trading toolbar is open on your chart, the proper broker profile and the required account are selected.

thutch

Postby thutch » 04 Jun 2014

Hello thutch,

Please make sure the Chart Trading toolbar is open on your chart, the proper broker profile and the required account are selected.
Hi Henry,

Yes - I tried this but no change.

Guess its help desk to see if they can figure it out?

thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Jun 2014

Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 3 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely and we will collect all required for analysis information.

thutch

Postby thutch » 19 Jun 2014

Update: following a live session with Andrew, the problem is that:

"The IB API doesn't return that there are any live orders at broker when MC connects to IB"

IB support have been contacted. Let's see what happens.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Jun 2014

The reason of the issue has been identified. The case was forwarded to IB Support for further investigation.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: "Show Active Orders" works intermittently  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Nov 2014

IB has resolved this issue. The fix is included in Browser Based TWS beta build 948.0h or higher. That is recommend to use the browser based TWS with MultiCharts 9.0 Release 2 builds 10172/10173 or higher. Please update your TWS and MultiCharts to get the fix.

As for the fix in the standalone TWS - it can expected with a couple of weeks. There is no exact ETA for it at the moment.

Return to “MultiCharts”