security definition and custom futures

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
nmackwani

security definition and custom futures

Postby nmackwani » 09 Jun 2014

Last friday I created a custom futures symbol (@EP) for a continuous e-mini SP500 and managed to load the data and plot the chart.

Today however, the symbol created cannot connect and I get this message in QM "no security definition has been found: Symbol = @EP".

I may have done something between friday and monday but cannot see what. I use CQG as data source and AMP as broker. I have a demo CQG account. Anyone can point me to how to solve this? Thanks.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: security definition and custom futures

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 09 Jun 2014

Today however, the symbol created cannot connect and I get this message in QM "no security definition has been found: Symbol = @EP".
Hello nmackwani,

Please make sure you have installed latest MC 8.8 Release 4 or MC 9.0 Beta 1.

If the issue still persists, please come to our live chat during working hours (6:30 am – 2:45 pm EST) to let our operators connect to your computer remotely and help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

nmackwani

Postby nmackwani » 09 Jun 2014

Thanks Andrew. I have the MultiCharts64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 9189), I think it's the latest. In fact I managed to solve the problem by starting MC in administrator mode. It then worked ok... I closed the software and re-opened it in normal mode this time (not as administrator) and it is working now. Is it a bug?

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 10 Jun 2014

Cannot tell you for sure. Please come to our live chat to let us connect to your computer remotely and study the issue if you know the steps to reproduce it.

Return to “MultiCharts”