Ease of Strategy Creation

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jpchamney

Ease of Strategy Creation

Postby jpchamney » 09 Jun 2014

Hello,

I am considering using Multicharts and wondering how difficult to program this simple strategy:
I trade Dow 30 stocks, I buy each stock in the dow30 index as long as it is not at 200 day high, I am looking for at least 1% or more profit and protect as it continues to go up, once it starts to fall back I sell. Then once I am out, if it falls back to where I bought it at or lower today, I will purchase it
again to do the same strategy once again.

What is the level of programming difficulty to get this going rmembering this is to be applied to each of the stocks in my array of 30 DOW30 stocks?

Thanks
Jim

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Ease of Strategy Creation

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 09 Jun 2014

Hello,

I am considering using Multicharts and wondering how difficult to program this simple strategy:
I trade Dow 30 stocks, I buy each stock in the dow30 index as long as it is not at 200 day high, I am looking for at least 1% or more profit and protect as it continues to go up, once it starts to fall back I sell. Then once I am out, if it falls back to where I bought it at or lower today, I will purchase it
again to do the same strategy once again.

What is the level of programming difficulty to get this going rmembering this is to be applied to each of the stocks in my array of 30 DOW30 stocks?

Thanks
Jim
Hello jpchamney,

I believe it is an abstract question, because i doubt there is any measurement in programming skills. The idea you described above does seem complex and if we talking about EasyLanguage/PowerLanguage for an experienced programmers it won't take much time; for someone who only starts learning programming staff in EL/PL it may take some time.

tony

Re: Ease of Strategy Creation

Postby tony » 10 Jun 2014

I began with PLE just over a year ago and it was not pretty straightforward to learn. The basics took a little time and then you learn to build off them. I was originally going to use the .net version but am glad I did not. I'm a trader more than a programmer and PLE allows me to do pretty much all I need. The more I learn the more I realize I likely did not need .net at all. So to answer your question, learning to code in MC is not that difficult. But with anything it takes time and study but far less than learning C++ or something else.

Return to “MultiCharts”