I'm Stumped! How do I get a clean RE-install??

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
hairyMug

I'm Stumped! How do I get a clean RE-install??

Postby hairyMug » 10 Jun 2014

MC had been working fine using the IB data source. Then I tried IQ data (trial) and when my trial was over my symbol maps were all confused.
So I uninstalled MC completely and reinstalled BUT the symbol map for IB was still confused and contained invalid references to IQ symbols.
After deleting all the "IQ" references (showing in the IB broker profile), there was still inconsistent backtest results...
SO, I uninstalled MC again, deleted every MC directory AND also ran CCleaner (great app BTW) AND went through the registry and removed ALL references to MC.
When I re-installed, now IB has NO symbolmaps so I added one for one symbol and it seems to be working but I am worried that there is something else I may have missed...

So the million dollar question; How does one do a COMPLETE removal and re-installation??

TIA...

Alex MultiCharts

Re: I'm Stumped! How do I get a clean RE-install??

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 12 Jun 2014

Hello hairyMug,

When you uninstall MultiCharts Symbol Mapping is not deleted from your computer automatically. Maybe we will implement that in the future versions.

Symbol Mapping settings can be found in the following folder: "%appdata%\TS Support\MultiCharts"
And if you want to delete Symbol Mapping, just delete TradingCenter folder in that path.

hairyMug

Postby hairyMug » 12 Jun 2014

I manually added a symbol map for each of my 20 IB symbols because multiple re-installs did not restore the default maps.

After reading you reply, I deleted the indicated folder and did a repair install...

This resulted in my same 20 symbols being mapped; no more, no less...

So I must assume that location does NOT have the maps...

Also, even though I do have my symbols mapped, I must specify "LOTS" for each order; using the "default" order parameter results in backtests with no results...

So now, because of ???, I have no symbol maps (except those I entered) and I cannot use any default trade settings as they are some-how disconnected... ;-(

hairyMug

Postby hairyMug » 13 Jun 2014

I am really disappointed right now; I have been attempting to get MC working as it was working after the original install, for over a week now, with very limited success...

At this point, MC is unusable since I cannot get a clean re-install. Furthermore, it is surprising that support, (usually very helpful), cannot detail the steps to clean MC off my system completely....

At this point, I feel that I have wasted time & money and have only gained much frustration.

MC originally worked well, and I was accomplishing my goal of auto-trading, but I cannot continue working with a tool that is so unpredictable and sensitive.

Walt

hairyMug

Postby hairyMug » 16 Jun 2014

Hmm... No response at all...

Looks like I'm going to have to post my issues on various trader boards and hope somebody has some suggestions...

>> If nothing else, others will see the bad experience I have had with MC and think twice before trying to use it...

What a shame...

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 17 Jun 2014

Hello hairyMug,

When you uninstall MultiCharts and click Remove Button (see the attached picture) you will see Remove User Data box (see the attached picture) that can be checked, thus the following data will be removed:

a) database files;
b) studies;
c) broker profiles;
d) symbol mapping;
e) manual strategies settings;
f) custom hotkeys.

We have tested it on our end once again and the folder that I have specified was deleted, the mapping should be also deleted and it is not possible that it was saved if you deleted the required folder for the necessary version.
Most likely in your case the IB to IB mapping lines were added automatically (that is expected) when you have opened a chart or your workspace after MultiCharts was reinstalled.
If the broker and data feed are the same and the instrument is added correctly (see add from data source) then mapping is done correctly automatically. But if you have different data source and broker, you will have to do the mapping manually.

We understand your frustration but please keep in mind that the Discussion Forum is a delayed response communication tool. That is also expected that most of the help will be provided by the community and not by the support. If you have any urgent questions - feel free to contact us via phone, email and live chat. Thank you for understanding.
Attachments
Remove User data.png
(27.7 KiB) Downloaded 960 times
Remove Button.png
(26.32 KiB) Downloaded 950 times

hairyMug

Postby hairyMug » 17 Jun 2014

Thank you for the response and Yes, I did all that you have indicated and it will still not work correctly.
Still hoping that it would finally start working, I had my system running this morning and NO trades were entered...
I did verify that signals were generated; The issue lies in that, even though I mapped all my symbols manually to IB, it just will not trade auto-trade.
I also insured each symbol's template had the same IB information...

I remain puzzled as to why it won't work... It almost seems like the chart itself is "remembering" something... OR could it be using the "FA" feature is confusing it further?
>> at this point I use my FA account number and specify my IB define portfolio which has only one sub-account defined...

hairyMug

Postby hairyMug » 17 Jun 2014

I went through all the trouble to rebuild my VPS from scratch and I can now report that (as I suspected)

there is partial mapping information saved with-in the workspace (not all symbols)

This information is preventing my workspace from functioning properly when I connect it on my VPS.

How can I remove or fix this?

I do all my development on my home system and all production is on the VPS and apparently the workspace (from my development PC) is affecting the connections on the VPS.

I need to find a workable solution.

Suggestions Please!

BTW: I use IB on both systems

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 18 Jun 2014

Hello hairyMug,

Symbol Mapping should not be saved in the workspace and if you uninstalled MultiCharts and deleted the Mapping, it should not be there.
So, if you uninstalled MultiCharts and deleted Mapping and you still have IQFeed mapped to IB lines, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 10 AM EST to demonstrate the issue: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”