Not Backfilling with IB Connection

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
JGSmith

Not Backfilling with IB Connection

Postby JGSmith » 13 Jun 2014

Hello

I have the 9.0 Beta free trial and use a live IB data connection. The data connection was lost for about 3 hours and the data is not backfilling.

What I have already tried:
Close and restart the chart
Close and restart the workspace
Press Ctrl+R

When I ultimately decided to try restarting the program, I came up with another issue. Now it is connecting to IB (evidenced by the greed dot in the Trade Bar) but the data in the chart is not loading. It keeps on saying "Waiting for Data..."

Assuming that I may have gotten a pacing violation, I have waited for a while to reload the data but it still is not loading.

Could you please let me know to fix both of these issues?

Thank you!

JoshM

Re: Not Backfilling with IB Connection

Postby JoshM » 13 Jun 2014

Assuming that I may have gotten a pacing violation, I have waited for a while to reload the data but it still is not loading.
If you open up the QuoteManager, which messages are displayed in the lower part of the window? If the issue is caused by the pacing violation, it will say so there.

JGSmith

Thanks for writing JoshM

Here is a screenshot of my Quote Manager

It looks like it is saying Not Connected (for the IB Data...don't know what the MCFX is and why it is requesting data for pairs I have not asked for...)

But, you can see that it is connected in the Trade Bar.
Attachments
data request.png
(232.33 KiB) Downloaded 551 times

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 13 Jun 2014

It looks like it is saying Not Connected (for the IB Data...don't know what the MCFX is and why it is requesting data for pairs I have not asked for...)

But, you can see that it is connected in the Trade Bar.
Have you allowed IB TWS to accept connections from MC? (See here)

Also note that there are two connections for MC: one trading (the green dot in the Trade Bar shows that one is working fine) and one for market data. This latter is configured in the QuoteManager. Go to Data sources (Ctrl - D) in the QuoteManager to verify the IB broker connection settings; these will need to be similar to the Broker Profile settings (the trade bar).

MCFX data is used to perform currency conversions in MultiCharts, hence these data requests.

JGSmith

Thanks!

I have gone through the TWS settings exactly as the wiki says.

Here is a screenshot of the IB settings in the Data Feed Configuration. I had not known about that - but it appears that everything is up to speed.

On another note, I unchecked the box that says "Don't request data for empty periods" and maybe that will solve the other issue that I was having?

Curiously enough, yesterday when I downloaded the 9.0 and this morning before requesting the data be backfilled, it was working fine... :|
Attachments
data settings.png
(245.44 KiB) Downloaded 544 times

JGSmith

I decided to just try it all again, and now, for whatever reason, all is working fine.

The data is correctly connecting and, when I pressed Ctrl + R, the data backfilled.

At this point, I will just call it a glitch, but if anybody has any more insight on the matter that may have caused it to not work and now work, that would be really great!

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 13 Jun 2014

Please make sure you have installed latest IB TWS version on your PC and your antivirus is disabled. If the issue still persists, please come to our live chat during working hours (6:30 am – 2:45 pm EST) to let our operators connect to your computer remotely and help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Return to “MultiCharts”