Inaccurate charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ADG88

Inaccurate charts

Postby ADG88 » 21 Jun 2014

Hallo,

I've this problem; daily charts from IB are different if loaded with "build from minutes" mode on or off. If not build from minutes they are much more inaccurate, why?
My problem is that with Multicharts Trader is not possible use daily charts "build from minutes"; how can I do? Am I making a mistake?

Thanks.

TJ

Re: Inaccurate charts

Postby TJ » 21 Jun 2014

Hallo,
I've this problem; daily charts from IB are different if loaded with "build from minutes" mode on or off. If not build from minutes they are much more inaccurate, why?
My problem is that with Multicharts Trader is not possible use daily charts "build from minutes"; how can I do? Am I making a mistake?
Thanks.
The regular "Daily" charts are built with data supplied by your broker/dataprovider. ie. what you see is what MultiCharts receives from the broker/dataprovider.

Different brokers/dataprovider might supply data with different start/end times because some might include overnight sessions, or extended sessions.

MultiCharts gives you the option to define your own "Daily" session -- using minute data. Thus you can create your chart with RTH only, or you can also include after hour session, or with all the electronic sessions.

ADG88

Postby ADG88 » 22 Jun 2014

Thanks TJ for your timely response.
Unfortunately I still can not understand a thing; I've loaded two charts, with the same "session" (US regular trading session), one "build from minutes" the other not.
-The one not build from minutes is less accurate, I mean a lack of decimal values in many bars.
-Some days are lost in both charts. (see the screenshot below)

Thanks a lot.

ADG
Attachments
Esempio.png
(232.64 KiB) Downloaded 371 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 22 Jun 2014

Thanks TJ for your timely response.
Unfortunately I still can not understand a thing; I've loaded two charts, with the same "session" (US regular trading session), one "build from minutes" the other not.
-The one not build from minutes is less accurate, I mean a lack of decimal values in many bars.
-Some days are lost in both charts. (see the screenshot below)

Thanks a lot.

ADG
The one not built from minutes is the "regular Daily chart". The data is supplied by your broker/dataprovider. You cannot specify the session; what you see is what your broker defined as "Daily". ie. the data is not limited to RTH, it may or may not include after hour sessions. Please check with your dataprovider for their specification.

If there are missing bars in your chart, you are missing data, please do a reload.

View > Reload

TJ

Postby TJ » 22 Jun 2014

ps. The daily settlement price is usually published 10~15 min after the market closing.
The settlement price might be different than the last price traded in the minute charts.

Return to “MultiCharts”